Shabe-Baraat - Night of Salvation
The 15th night of Shabaan is a very blessed night. According to the Hadith Shareef, the name of this Mubarak night is “Nisf Shabaan” which means 15th night of Shabaan. The reason for this special night to attain its name of Laylat al-Bara’ah, meaning the Night of Salvation, Seeking Freedom from Azaab and Calamity, is that in this night the Barkaat and acceptance of repentance may be accomplished. Laylat al-Baraa’ah in Persian, as well as in Urdu, is called Shab-e Bara’at.
Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Salla Allahu alayhi wa Sallam) has stated: “Verily! Almighty Allah directs His Special Grace on the world on this Night. He forgives my Ummah more than the number of wool that is found on the sheep of the Bani Kalb”. We should remember that in those days the Bani Kalb possessed the most number of sheep that any other tribe
Do not be amongst deprived of Mercy
Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Salla Allahu ta’ala alayhi wa Sallam) said: “Almighty Allah forgives all Muslims on this night, besides the fortune tellers, the magicians, the alcoholics, those who disrespect their parents and those who take part and encourage adultery”.
In another narration, the following people have also been mentioned:
1. One who deals in usury (Riba),
2. One who wears his trousers below his ankle with pride and arrogance
(In Arabia , people displayed their wealth and boasted in this manner)
3. One who creates disunity among two Muslims,
4. The person who unjustly takes away the right and property of another Muslim and has not yet rectified himself.
All these persons are not shown Mercy on this auspicious Night.
A humble appeal to seek pardon and ask Allah azwajal's forgiveness
What to Recite immediately before Sunset
Before sunset, you should recite “La Hawla walaa Quwwata illa Billahil-aliyil Azeem” forty times with three times Durood Shareef before and after. It is mentioned that by reciting this, Almighty Allah will forgive forty years of your sins and forty Hoors will await to serve you in Jannat al-Firdous
Six rakat Nafil after Magrib Namaz
After performing Maghrib Salaah read 6 rakaahs of Nafil with 3 salam (2-2-2). In every rakaat, after Surah Fatiha, recite Surah Ikhlaas 3 times or recite any surah. After Salam, read Surah Yasin once. Then read Du’a Nisf Shabaan once. Thereafter, make Du’a with the following intentions:
1. Perform First 2 rakat namaz with intension for long life filled with piety and righteousness
2. Perform Second 2 rakat namaz with intension to save from any problem & Protection from Calamities.
3. Perform Third 2 rakat namaz with intension for Barakah in Rozi and ask Allah azwajal not to make you dependent on anyone except Allah
Perform Ghusl - Safeguard from Magic for the Whole Year
On the 15th night of shabaan, get 7 leaves from a berry tree, boil them in water & perform ghusl with that water (adding plain water if needed). In’shaa-Allah you will be saved from magic all year round. After Ghusal or Wudhu, perform the two Rakaat of Tahhiyatul Wudhu. In every Rakaat, after the Suratul Fatiha, you should read Ayatul Kursi once and Surah Ikhlas 3 times.
Nafil Namaz after ISHA Namaz
- 2 Rakat - In every Rakaat, after the Suratul Fatiha, you should read Ayatul Kursi once and Surah Ikhlas 15 times. After salam read 100 times Durood Sharif
- 8 Rakat (with 4 salam) - In every Rakaat, after the Suratul Fatiha, you should read Surah Ikhlas 5 times
- 12 Rakat (with 6 salam) - In every Rakaat, after the Suratul Fatiha, you should read Surah Ikhlas 10 times. After salam read 10 time kalima Tauhid (4th Kalima) & kalima Tamjid (3rd Kalima) 10 time
- 14 Rakat (with 7 salam) - In every Rakaat, after the Suratul Fatiha, you should recite any Surah
- 4 Rakat (with 1 salam) - In every Rakaat, after the Suratul Fatiha, you should read Surah Ikhlas 50 times
- 8 Rakat (with 1 salam) - In every Rakaat, after the Suratul Fatiha, you should read Surah Ikhlas 11 times. After Namaz send the reward of Namaz to Hazrat Fatima Radiallahu Anha.
- The performing of Salaatul Tasbeeh on this night is also very virtuous
To keep FAST
The record of deeds is changed on Shab-e-Barat therefore if possible, try & fast on the 14 & 15 shabaan so that the last day of your record of deeds has a fast & first day of your record of deeds has a fast written on it. Stay in the Masjid after Namaje Asr on the 14 shabaan with the intention of Nafil I’tikaaf so that the last moments of your record of deeds has I’tikaaf written in it & the beginning of Shabe Barat will begin in the merciful atmosphere of the Masjid.
The visitors of this Night
It is narrated that the departed souls (Arwaah) of the Muslims visit thehouses of their friends and relatives on this night and proclaim: “O people of the house! You stay in our houses and enjoy the wealth that we have left behind. You use our children and take work from them, please perform our Esaale Sawaab. Verily our deeds have become complete, while your record of deeds is still spread”.
If the people of the house perform the Esaale Sawaab and Khatam Shareef on this night, then the Arwaah depart will the Sawaab extremely happy and overjoyed all the time making Du’a for the people
On 15th Shabaan visit to the Cemetery, perform the Esaale Sawaab, wear nice Clothes, use a Miswak, put on ‘Itr & Surma (Kohl), Read Quran Sharif, Durood sharif, Astagfaar, Kalima Tayyab (1st kalma) as much as you can. It is also mentioned that if one reads Surah Dukhan seven times on this night, Almighty Allah will reward you with 70 worldly needs and 70 deeds for the Hereafter.
On this occasion, it should be the duty of all Sunni Muslims to forgive one another and to make sure that whatever debts owed to one another is settled. The importance of Huqooq al-Ibaad cannot be over-emphasised as this is among the pre-requisites for proper Ibaadat. I pray that all Muslims humbly remember this night and try as much as possible to perform Ibaadat and other pious deeds so that their Record of Deeds be presented in all dignity
It is the special night of seeking forgiveness and repenting to Almighty Allah, remembering our past sins and sincerely settling the mind that one will never commits sins in the future. All the deeds that are against Shari’ah must be totally avoided so that our Du’a and Istighfaar, hopefully, will be accepted.
While we are praying and asking for ourselves and family, we should also remember in our Du’as the Muslim Ummah facing calamities in many parts of the world, that may Allah Ta’ala grant them the strength and Istiqaamat (steadfastness) in Deen.
I pray that the Almighty Allah assists you and I and the Muslim Ummah wherever you may be. Muslims should be aware of sincerity and honesty in all their deeds. May Almighty Allah forgive all of us. And May Almighty Allah guide us on the path of the Ambiya and the Awliya with the Wasila of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Sallalahu ta’ala alyhi wa Sallam - Aameen.
Aap sab se request hai ke aap mere liye dua kare ke mere jo problems / pareshani hai, wo dur ho jaye aur muze rahat mile.