The agent of AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has played down suggestions that the player could be on the way to Manchester City in the summer.

20739 - Ibrahimovic unlikely to join City - agent

City manager Roberto Mancini sparked rumours of a swoop for the Swedish striker by admitting he would happily find a place for Ibrahimovic in his side at the City of Manchester Stadium.

But Mino Raiola, Ibrahimovic's agent and the man who oversaw his move from Barcelona to Milan last summer, expressed doubt that the recently-crowned Italian champions would sell one of their prized assets.

"Mancini has paid a great compliment to Zlatan by saying he might make the final leap to Manchester City," Raiola told Radio Radio.

"But he must not speak with me but with (Milan chief Adriano) Galliani and it won't be easy to take him away.

"Mancini knows what it means to have Ibra in a squad but I think it's impossible that Milan will sell him."

Raiola also seemed to suggest that Manchester City still do not have the same trophy-winning prospects as currently on offer at San Siro.

"When Zlatan went to AC Milan I said they were getting not just a player but also a winning mentality," he said. "Ibrahimovic doesn't like to lose and he has brought that mentality to AC Milan.

"In football everything has a price, but Ibra is not going to go away. He wants to grow with Milan. They will have a team to compete in Europe."