Nasri's future at Arsenal in doubt
Arsenal forward Samir Nasri's future at the club is in doubt, with manager Arsene Wenger revealing that talks regarding a new deal for the 23-year-old have stalled.
Nasri, who scored 10 goals last season, is reportedly holding out for £110,000 a week, and has yet to put pen to paper on the five-year £90,000 a week contract offered by Arsenal.
If the club succumbs to the player's demands, Nasri will be paid the same amount as top-earner and captain Cesc Fabregas.
Of Nasri's negotiations, Wenger told French radio: "We have a financial disagreement which hasn't yet been settled. We are still in discussions but we haven't agreed a deal.
Meanwhile, the Frenchman hosed down claims that Arsenal were set to lose Nasri to Premier League rivals Manchester United. "One thing's for sure, we're not selling him to United," he said.
Speculation is rife that Wenger has shown interest in Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema and Lille front-man Gervinho, a claim the manager did not deny.
"Both are very interesting players. Everyone is always looking to reinforce their attack," said Wenger.
Whilst Wenger moved to assure supporters that Barcelona were no longer interested in Fabregas after making a play for the skipper last year, it was revealed by Sportsmail on Saturday that Arsenal have tabled an £8 million bid for Chris Samba. Blackburn have reportedly put a price of £12 million for the defender.
"I'd agree that we're after an experienced defender, maybe one who is used to the English game," said Wenger.