Thread: Ferdinand confirmed as vice-captain

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Default Ferdinand confirmed as vice-captain

Rio Ferdinand will be handed the captain's armband should John Terry leave the pitch in England's Euro 2012 qualifier against Switzerland at Wembley on Saturday.

14978 - Ferdinand confirmed as vice-captain

Ferdinand has been confirmed by manager Fabio Capello as the vice-captain of the side, despite the two having a recent falling-out over the issue. The Manchester United defender lost the captaincy in March when Capello decided to reinstate Terry as the team's on-field leader, though Terry had originally been stripped of the armband because of personal reasons.

Capello and Ferdinand have since patched up their differences, and the former Juventus manager believes the issue is now behind them.

"The captain is John Terry, Rio is vice-captain," said Capello. "I have spoken with Rio and told him why I made my decision. He said some things to me. He wasn't happy but he understood. At the end, we shook hands."

Despite reports to the contrary, Capello stated that he never intended for Ferdinand to be out of the starting eleven and on Friday moved to confirm the central defender's importance to England.

"I never thought he would stop playing with us. Not at all," said Capello.

"He likes to play with the national team. He is an important player and personality, for what he can do in the dressing room."
    mera libas hai tu zps3e44c641 - Ferdinand confirmed as vice-captain

Mentioned
    1028 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ferdinand confirmed as vice-captain

ahaan b kafi acha defender hai man ka captain tha ab b shayad yehi ho