Thread: Federer and Nadal set for 'special' final

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Default Federer and Nadal set for 'special' final

Roger Federer says the final at Roland Garros would not be the same without his arch rival Rafael Nadal on the other side of the net.

7280 - Federer and Nadal set for 'special' final

Federer and Nadal will meet in their fourth French Open final on Sunday as the prolific pair powered past Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray respectively.

"It always seems to me that Rafa needs to be in the French Open final to make it special, and I got the match I guess I was hoping," Federer said. "After beating Novak, it's in a way a gift that I get the chance, and I'm looking forward to it."

The Swiss ace is aiming for his 17th Grand Slam title, but victory at the weekend would be only his second triumph at the French Open. To get there, Federer ended Djokovic's remarkable 41-match unbeaten streak in an intense 7-6 6-3 3-6 7-6 thriller.

"I had nerves and this wasn't even the final," said Federer.

"I have worked a lot in my life and it's for these types of matches. It was certainly one of my greatest matches in an extraordinary atmosphere.

"It was probably the best match I have played this year. There were breaks, break backs. It's always intense when we play and I wanted to make it as physical as I could."

Nadal, meanwhile, had a straight sets 6-4 7-5 6-4 win over Murray, subsequently reaching his sixth decider at Roland Garros and further entrenching his reputation as the 'King of Clay'.

The Spaniard has been crowned French Open champion in five of the past six years, but has admitted that he has not been on his finest form in 2011.

"Doubts are part of life and so they're part of sport too. We all have them, but now compared to a week ago it's totally different," Nadal said.

Nadal's lack of confidence stems from his struggle in the opening round against big-serving American John Isner. The 25-year-old, who celebrated his birthday on the day of the semi-final, scrapped through on that occasion 6-4 6-7 6-7 6-2 6-4, and was certainly pleased to have cruised past Murray in straight sets.

"What's never changed is my desire to play tennis and to be in the top spots of the rankings and to win these types of matches."

"The conditions today were not easy," said Nadal, who saved all six break points he faced in the third set. "Very, very difficult with the wind changing a lot."

"For me it's a dream to be back in the final," he said.
    mera libas hai tu zps3e44c641 - Federer and Nadal set for 'special' final

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5939 Thread(s)

Default Re: Federer and Nadal set for 'special' final

i wish federrer jeet jaye

8bffd51cd2705b99335ce635a13dbb09 zps81c9bfed - Federer and Nadal set for 'special' final

..!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nadal........

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)