Cesc Fabregas has insisted no decision has been made about his future, but stated "never say never" when asked if he would be leaving Arsenal for Barcelona.

23649 - Fabregas not drawn on Arsenal future

Barcelona made a concerted effort to land Fabregas last summer, but were rebuffed in their efforts by Arsenal.

The Gunners are in all probability bracing themselves for a renewed attempt from Barca to prise their captain away from the Emirates.

Fabregas has returned to his native Spain for a holiday with his family and has been quizzed about his future.

The midfielder has insisted he is happy at Arsenal, but stopped short of committing his future to the Gunners.

"I am an Arsenal player," he said. "I have been very happy for eight years and I am very happy. I am not thinking about football right now, just about my holidays.

"There have been no decisions. The truth is that it doesn't always depend on the player and at the moment I don't know anything.

"I am very happy where I am. Anything else would be speculation that is untrue. You can never say never in this life as so many things happen that you can never predict."

Arsenal's trophy drought has stretched out to six years and the 22-year-old has admitted he is frustrated by the club's failure to secure glory.

"A player who is not frustrated at not winning titles is either lying to himself or lacks ambition," he said. "There is a good team and a good manager and one of the most faithful fan bases in Europe. With those I believe we can make progress and one day win an important trophy."

Wenger stood firm in the face of interest from Barcelona last summer and Fabregas suggested it would be a similar story this summer.

"He is the boss, the one who makes the decisions," Fabregas said. "You should ask him. I was injured at the end of the season and I haven't seen him for about six weeks."