Eleven-time grand slam champion Bjorn Borg has offered Andy Murray the benefit of his wisdom and experience as the Scot continues to search for a new coach.

55 - Borg offers Murray the benefit of his wisdom

Borg believes Murray - who has been handed the No. 4 seed for Wimbledon - needs to appoint a new coach sooner rather than later. The Swede believes it is vitally important Murray opts for the right candidate, and admits he would certainly be prepared to give the 24-year-old the benefit of his insight if asked.

"He needs someone to work on small details in his game," Borg told the Evening Standard. "You need someone there, to guide you through the tough times. It's important for him to talk to other people and find out other players' experience.

"He knows deep inside what to do but if he wants to come to me, I would be more than happy to talk him through a few things. When he chooses his coach it is important he gets it right."

Murray will once again carry the hopes of many at SW19 when the third grand slam of the year begins on Monday, especially after winning the AEGON Championships at Queen's Club on Monday.

Borg, however, does not fancy this year's Australian Open finalist to go one better on grass at the All England Club. Instead, he expects a strong challenge from 14-time major champion Roger Federer.

"The thing is, playing here there is just too much pressure, it is his dream of winning here in London, but I've not seen him in a better mental state than he is in now," he said. "I am really happy that Murray has looked more confident in the last month.

"He has been playing unbelievable tennis and of course he has a great chance to win the tournament and many other Grand Slams. My favourite would be Roger Federer, though, because he played his best ever clay tournament at Roland Garros this year.

"Yes, he lost in the final to Rafael Nadal, but on his favourite surface, grass I think he has the best chance."