Thread: Rajab ki Fazilat

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1284 Thread(s)

Default Rajab ki Fazilat

THE VIRTUES OF THE MONTH OF RAJAB

Hujja-tul-Islam, Imam Muammad Ghazali rehmatullah alaih has stated in his renowned work Mukashafa-tul-Qulub, “The month of Rajab has actually been derived from the word Tarjib which means ‘to honour’. It is also known as Al-Asab which means ‘fast flowing’ as mercy is rapidly showered upon those who repent in this month. Furthermore, the light of acceptance also descends upon the worshippers in this month.

It is also called Al-Asam, which means ‘the most deaf’ because the sound of war and weapons is not heard at all during this month. Another name for this month is ‘Rajab’ named after a river in paradise whose water is whiter than milk, sweeter than honey and cooler than ice. Only those people will drink from it who fast in the month of Rajab. (Mukashifat-ul-Qulub, p. 301)

The book ‘Ghunya-tut-talibin’ adds that this month is also called ‘the Month of Stoning’ as the shayatin are stoned in it so that they do not harm the Muslims. This blessed month is also known by Al-Asam which means ‘the most deaf’ because it has not been heard [or recorded] that Allah azwajal punished a nation in this month contrary to the other months when Allah azwajal has sent punishment on nations. (Ghunyat-tut-talibin, p. 229)

Commenting on the aforementioned verse, Hadrat Sayyiduna Na’im-ud-Din Muradabadi rehmatullah alaih says in Khazain-ul-‘Irfan, “[The four months of Hurmah are] the three consecutive months: Zul-Qa’dah, Zul-Hijjah, Muharram, and one month of Rajab. Even in the age of ignorance, the Arabs considered killing (war) Haram [Strictly Forbidden] in these months. In Islam, the Hurmah and greatness of these months has been emphasized and elevated.”

THE THREE LETTERS OF RAJAB

What can be said about the fabulous virtues of the month of Rajab?
    Mukashafa-tul-Qulub stated that our pious saints have asserted, “There are three letters in the word Rajab; Ra, Jim and Ba. The first letter Ra stands for the Mercy of Allah [Rahmatullah], Jim stands for Crime [Jurm] of the person and the last Ba stands for Good [Birr]. In other words, Allah azwajal says, ‘Place my servant’s crime between My Mercy and My Kindness.

THE MONTH OF SOWING SEEDS

Hadrat Sayyiduna ‘Allamah Saffauri rehmatullah alaih has stated, “Rajab is the month of sowing the seeds, Sha’ban for watering them and Ramadan for harvesting. Therefore, if someone does not sow the seeds of worship in Rajab and does not water them with tears of remorse in Sha’ban, then how will he be able to harvest Mercy in Ramadan” The Shaykh has further added, “Rajab purifies the body, Sha’ban purifies the heart and Ramadan purifies the soul.” (Nuzha-tul-Majalis, pp. 155, vol. 1)

RAJAB IS THE NAME OF A HEAVENLY RIVER

Sayyiduna Anas bin Malik radiallahu anhu has narrated that the Beloved of Allah, the Knower of the Unseen, the Immaculate Prophet sallalahu alaihi wasallam has stated, “In heaven, there is a river called Rajab whose water is whiter than milk and sweeter than honey. Allah azwajal will replenish the one keeping a fast in the month of Rajab with its (river’s) water. (Shu’bul Iman, pp. 368, vol. 3, Hadis. 3800)

A GLOWING MOUNTAIN

Once, Hadrat Sayyiduna ‘Isa alaihi salam passed by a luminous, sparkling mountain. He alaihi salam requested in the court of Allah, “Ya Allah azwajal Grant this mountain the faculty of speech.” The mountain then spoke, “Oh Ruhullah alaihi salam What do you want?” The Prophet alaihi salam. replied, “Tell me about your state.” The mountain said, “A person lives inside me.” Hadrat Sayyiduna ‘Isa alaihi salam. requested in the court of Allah azwajal , “Ya Allah azwajal ! Reveal him before me!” The mountain split open and a saint with a face glowing like moon emerged from it.

The man said, “I am a follower of Hadrat Sayyiduna Musa alaihi salam did Du’a to Allah azwajal to keep me alive until the arrival of the last Prophet Muhammad sallalahu alaihi wasallam so that I could see him and may get the honour of getting inducted into his community. By the Grace of Allah azwajal I have been worshipping Allah azwajal in this mountain for 600 years.”

Sayyiduna ‘Isa alaihi salam requested in the court of Allah azwajal , “Ya Allah azwajal ! Is there anyone most honourable to you on this earth than this servant of yours?” Allah azwajal replied “Oh ‘Isa alaihi salam Whoever amongst the Ummah of Muhammad sallalahu alaihi wasallam fasts a single day in the month of Rajab, he is more honourable to me than this person.” (Nuzha-tul-Majalis, pp.155, vol. 1)

A FAITH ENLIGHTENING PARABLE

During the sacred times of Hadrat Sayyiduna ‘Isa alaihi salam a person was in deep love with a woman. One day he managed to grab hold of her. From the commotion of the people, he concluded that they were sighting the moon. He asked the woman, “Which month’s crescent are the people looking at?”

She replied, “The month of Rajab”. Although this person was a kafir [non-Muslim], upon hearing the name of Rajab, he immediately moved away from the woman due to the honour of this month and refrained from fornication. Hadrat Sayyiduna ‘Isa alaihi salam was commanded by Allah azwajal to visit this person so Hadrat Sayyiduna ‘Isa alaihi salam visited the person and stated the command of Allah azwajal and the purpose of his visit. Upon hearing this, that person’s heart became enlightened with the Nur (Light) of Islam and he immediately embraced Islam. (Anis-ul-Wa‘iEin, P177, Maktaba-e-Arabia, Quetta)

Did you notice the virtues of Rajab? A disbeliever was predestined with the treasure of Iman because of the honour he gave to Rajab. Now if a Muslim honours Rajab, what benefits and rewards could he earn by respecting the honourable month of Rajab. Muslims must greatly respect the month of Rajab. The Holy Quran also prohibits people of oppressing themselves in the months of Hurmah. Commenting on the verse “Do not offend yourselves in those months” Nur-ul-‘Irfan states, “That is do not commit sins specially in these four months as it is an oppression on oneself to commit sins in these months or do not oppress each other.”

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4710 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rajab ki Fazilat

JazakALLAH khair...
    thankx 4 sharing.....

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rajab ki Fazilat