Thread: Shabaan-Month of Prophet sallalaho Alaihi wasallam

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1284 Thread(s)

Default Shabaan-Month of Prophet sallalaho Alaihi wasallam

Merits of Shabaan

Shabaan is the eighth month of the Islamic calendar. It falls between two sacred months, Rajab and Ramadaan. The Prophet sallalahu alaihi wasallam mentioned in a hadith, "Rajab is the month of Allah, Sha`ban is my month and Ramadan is the month of the Nation".

MEANING OF SHABAAN

The word Shabaan is spelled with five letters “Sheen, Ain, Be, Alif & Noon” Hadrat Gaus-e-Azam radiallahu anhu says “The Sheen stands for Sharaf (Nobility), The Ain for uluww (sublime), the Be for birr (piety), the Alif for ulfa (harmonious intimacy) and the Noon for noor (radiant light). These all are the gifts from Allah azwajal to his servants in this month. It is a month in which trasures of good deeds are laid open, blessings are sent down, faults are forgiven, sins are explained and in which Durood is multiplied upon The Holy Prophet Muhammad sallalahu alaihi wasallam, the best of human creatures.” (Ghunya-tut-Talibeen, V1, P246, Dar-ul-Ihya-u-turathil-a’rabi Beirut )

DO ACT WHEN SEE THE NEW MOON OF SHABAAN

Sayyiduna Anas bin Malik radiallahu anhu says, “When the Prophet sallalahu alaihi wasallam saw the new moon of Shabaan, they would immerse themselves in reciting the Holy Quran and pay the Zakat, thereby providing the means for the weak and the poor to fortify themselves in preparation for the fasting of the month of Ramazan. The governors would summon the prison inmates to carry out the sentence on those convicted of major offences under Islamic law & to set the rest free. Businessmen would set about paying their debts & collecting their dues. Then, when they saw the moon of Ramazan, they would perform ghusl and (some) would sit in I’tikaaf” .” (Ghunya-tut-Talibeen, V1, P246)

THE FAVOURITE MONTH FOR OPTIONAL FASTS

Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) used to spend most part of Shabaan by fasting, Imaam Bukharee (rahimahullah) reports in his Saheeh that Aa'ishah (radhi allahu anha) said: “The Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) used to fast until we thought he would never break his fast, and he would not fast until we thought he would never fast. I never saw the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) fasting for an entire month except in Ramadaan, and I never saw him fast more than he did in Shabaan

Ibn Rajab (rahimahullah) said: “Fasting in Shabaan is better than fasting in the sacred months (i.e. Dhul-Qadah, Dhul-Hijjah, Muharram and Rajab - Soorah Tawbah (9): 36), and the best of voluntary fasts are those that are (observed in the months) closest to Ramadaan, before or after. The status of these fasts is like that of al-Sunan al-Rawaatib, which are done before and after fard (prayers) and which make up for any shortfall in the number of obligatory prayers. The same applies to fasts observed before and after Ramadaan. Just as al-Sunan al-Rawaatib are better than other kinds of voluntary prayers, so fasts observed (in the months) before and after Ramadaan are better than fasts at other times.” [Lataa'if al-Ma'aarif fimaa li Mawaasim al-'Aam min al-Wazaa'if, by Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali]

When Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) was asked, why he fasted so abundantly in the month of Shabaan, he (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: '(Shabaan) is a month to which people do not pay attention, between Rajab and Ramadaan, and it is a month in which deeds are lifted up to the Lord of the worlds. I like for my deeds to be lifted up when I am fasting.” [an-Nisa'ee, see Saheeh al-Targheeb wa'l-Tarheeb, p. 425]

Ummul Mu'mineen Sayyidatuna Aisha Siddiqa radiallahu anha', says, "Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam, used to fast the whole of Sha`ban. I said to him, 'Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam, is Sha`ban your favorite month for fasting?' He said, 'In this month Allah prescribes the list of the persons dying this year. Therefore, I like that my death comes when I am in a state of fasting.’"

In another Tradition she says, "Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam, would sometimes begin to fast continuously until we thought he would not stop fasting, and sometimes he used to stop fasting until we thought he would never fast. I never saw the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam fasting a complete month, except the month of Ramadan, and I have never seen him fasting in a month more frequently than he did in Sha`ban."

In another report she radiallahu anha' says, "I never saw the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam, fasting in a month so profusely as he did in the month of Sha`ban. He used to fast in that month leaving only a few days, rather, he used to fast almost the whole of the month."

Ummul-Mu'mineen Umm Salamah radiallahu anha', says: "I have never seen the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam fasting for two months continuously except in the months of Sha`ban and Ramadan."

Ummul Mu'mineen Sayyidatuna Aisha Siddiqa radiallahu anha' says “I have never seen The Prophet sallalahu alaihi wasallam fasting in a month more frequently than he did in Shabaan. In fact he fasted all through Shabaan & would say, ‘perform actions according to your strength and ability because Allah azwajal does not withhold His mercy & bounty as long as you do not tire’”. (Sahih Bukhari, V2, P298, Hadith 1970, Dar-ul-Fikr, Beirut)

IT IS SUNNAH TO FAST FOR THE WHOLE OF SHABAAN

As mentioned in the narration of Bukhari Shareef, it is the blessed sunnah of the Noble Prophet sallalahu alaihi wasallam to fast for the whole of Shabaan. If you are able to, try to act on the blessed sunnah by fasting for the whole month of Shabaan every year, or at least once you had better act upon this sunnah by fasting whole month of shabaan in your lifetime.

Note : Nabi karim sallalahu alaihi wasallam ne farmaya "Jisne Shabaan me 3000 Durood sharif padh ke muze baksha us par meri Shafaat wajib Hogi"

Mentioned
    1028 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

Default Re: Shabaan-Month of Prophet sallalaho Alaihi wasa

Note : Nabi karim sallalahu alaihi wasallam ne farmaya "Jisne Shabaan me 3000 Durood sharif padh ke muze baksha us par meri Shafaat wajib Hogi"
    iska koi reference?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1617 Thread(s)

mjhe thori si confusion hai specially last para main

As mentioned in the narration of Bukhari Shareef, it is the blessed sunnah of the Noble Prophet sallalahu alaihi wasallam to fast for the whole of Shabaan. If you are able to, try to act on the blessed sunnah by fasting for the whole month of Shabaan every year, or at least once you had better act upon this sunnah by fasting whole month of shabaan in your lifetime.

is waja se q k Ramzaan k roze farz hain but shabaan k farz nahi aur is baray main ye b kaha gya tha k agar insan main itni himmat na ho k wo shabaan k rozay rakhay poray maheenay aur phir weakness ki wajase Ramzaan k na rakh sake to usko shabaan k roze rakhne nahi chahye poray mahinay...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1284 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Assassins View Post
    mjhe thori si confusion hai specially last para main

is waja se q k Ramzaan k roze farz hain but shabaan k farz nahi aur is baray main ye b kaha gya tha k agar insan main itni himmat na ho k wo shabaan k rozay rakhay poray maheenay aur phir weakness ki wajase Ramzaan k na rakh sake to usko shabaan k roze rakhne nahi chahye poray mahinay...

Aap ne sahi kaha hai Ke Jise shabaan ke roze rakhne ki takat ho wahi pure roje rakhe warna apne takat ke mutabik shabaan ka roja rakhe.

Bukhari Shareef me hai Hazrat Aaisha Saddiqa radiallahu anha farmate hai ke Rasulullah sallalahu alaihi wasallam Shabaan se jyada kisi mahine me roje na rakha karte balke pure Shabaan hi ke roje rakh liya karte the aur farmaya karte apni istetaat ke mutabik amal karo ke Allah azwajal us waqt tak apna fazal nahi rokta jab tak tum ukta na jao
    (sahih bukhari V2,P298, Hadith 1970, Dar-ul-Fikr, Beirut)

Agar koi Shabaan ke pure roje rakhne ki takat rakhta hai to isme koi mumaniyat nahi.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1284 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sheem View Post

iska koi reference?
    Ye maine "Aurado Wazaif me aur Pakistani Panj Surah" me padha hu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    43 Thread(s)

شکریہ۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔ ۔