Roberto Mancini has reacted to Arsene Wenger's claim that recent comments made by the Manchester City boss were "out of order", admitting he does not know what he did to upset the Arsenal manager.

15355 - Mancini 'doesn't know' why Wenger's upset

Mancini has confessed he wants to bring Samir Nasri to City, and he is hoping to capitalise on the France international being in the final year of his Arsenal contract. The City boss even predicted that he could have the deal done by the end of July.

"I hope that we can buy [him] because we need other players," Mancini told The Sun. "I hope that this player can arrive before the end of the month."

Wenger, currently on a pre-season tour with the Arsenal squad, reacted angrily to Mancini's comments in a post-match press conference, accusing the Italian of a lack of respect. It is still Wenger's intention to keep Nasri, and he was clearly disgruntled with City's decision to talk about one of his players before they had agreed a fee.

"I think the comments are not allowed. They are against the basic rules of football and he should be informed [of that]," commented Wenger. "Disrespectful? I cannot say otherwise. This comment is absolutely out of order but I don't give it more importance than that."

Now Mancini has added the latest chapter to the saga, reacting with some disbelief over Wenger's apparent anger.

"I said only that Nasri and [Sergio] Aguero are two good players and I said also that Nasri is under contract with Arsenal," Mancini said. "I don't know why he's upset.

"Because the question was about some good players, I say that like this. I said also that Nasri is under contract with Arsenal, it's difficult. Only this."