Excellence of Ramadhan Over Other Months
The excellence of the month of Ramadhan over other months is on the basis of a number of points:
* It is stated in the Holy Qur’an that there are 12 months in a year, and it is also stated that four of these months are holy months. However, only the month of Ramadhan is specifically mentioned by name in the Holy Qur’an, no other month is mentioned by its name. Allah Ta’ala states, “The month of Ramadhan in which the Qur’an was sent down…” (Surah Baqarah, Verse 185)
* The blessed Ka’ba calls the Muslims towards it and distributes its bounties but this month comes to us and distributes them. It is as if the Ka’ba is a well and Ramadan is a river, or the former is a river and the latter is rain.
* The Holy Qur’an was revealed in the blessed month of Ramadhan, as the aforementioned verse states.
* The Night of Power (Shab e Qadr) is in this month; worship in this night is better than the worship of 1000 months.
* In Ramadan, prayers are answered at the time of Iftar and Sahari, this privilege has not been granted to any other month.
* In other months, there are specific times stipulated for worship, but in this month, every second of every day is considered worship for those who are Fasting.
* The rewards for good deeds are multiplied from 10 to 700 times more in this month.
* Voluntary worships (Nafl) are rewarded like compulsory (Fardh) worships, and compulsory worships are rewarded the same as 70 compulsory worships.
* Allah Ta’ala pays special attention towards His slaves in this month.
* The doors of Paradise are opened in this month.
* The doors of Hell are closed.
* The doors of the Heavens are opened and the supplications of the slaves are easily able to reach the door of Acceptance.
* The pages that were revealed to Hazrat Ibrahim ‘Alaihis Salaam were revealed on the 1st of this month.
* The Old Testament (Taurah) was revealed on the 6th of this month.
* The Bible (Injeel) was revealed on the 13th of this month.
* The Holy Qur’an was revealed on the 24th of this month.
* The Leader of the Ladies of Paradise, Hazrat Sayyedah Fatimah Zahra Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anha passed away on the 3rd of this month.
* Mother of Believers, Hazrat Khatija Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anha passed away on the 10th of this month.
* Mother of Believers, Hazrat ‘Aisha Siddiqua Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anha passed away on the 17th of this month.
* The Battle of Badr took place on the 17th of this month.
* The Conquest of Makkah happened on the 20th of this month.
* The Lion of Allah Ta’ala, Hazrat ‘Ali Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu was martyred on the 21st of this month.