Thread: Nafil rozon ke Dini aur Dunyavi Faide

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1284 Thread(s)

Default Nafil rozon ke Dini aur Dunyavi Faide

The Religious and Worldly Benefits of Voluntary Fasts

Dear Islamic brothers & sisters! Apart from Farz (compulsory) fasts, we should also develop a habit of having voluntary fasts as there are countless religious and worldly benefits for us in doing so.

There is so much reward in it that one feels like fasting all the time. The religious benefits include protection of faith, protection from Hell, and the attainment of Heaven. As for the worldly benefits, they include saving of time and money (the time and money that would have been spent on eating and drinking), a healthy digestive system, protection from many illnesses and the main advantage is the pleasure of Allah

Allah Ta’ala says in the 35th verse of Surah Ahzab:
    “and fasting men and women, and men and women who guard their chastity and men and women who remember Allah much, for all of them Allah has kept prepared forgiveness and great reward.”

Allah Ta’ala says in the 24th verse of Surah Haqah, section 29:
    “Eat and drink a content full recompense for that you sent forth in the days gone by.”

Sayyiduna Wakee Rehmatullahe Ta’ala ‘Alaihi says, in this verse the words ‘in the days gone by’ refer to the days of fasting in which people abstain from eating and drinking”. (Al-Muttajirul-Rabih fi thawabil-amalil-salih, P335, Daru-Khazar Beirut)

18 Benefits of Voluntary (Nafl) Fasts

The Unique Tree in Paradise

1) Sayyiduna Qais bin Zaid Juhanni Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu narrates the following heavenly statement of our Dear and Beloved Rasool Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam:
    Whoever fasts voluntarily a day, Allah Ta’ala will create a tree in Heaven for him, the fruit of the tree will be smaller than a pomegranate and larger than an apple, it will be as sweet as honey (that has not been separated from its comb) and as delicious as (pure) honey (that has been separated from its comb); on the day of judgement, Allah Ta’ala will feed the fruits of this tree to the fasting person. (Tabarani Kabeer, V18, P366, Hadith 935)

40 Years Far from Hell

2) Our Dear and Beloved Rasul Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam said: “Whoever fasts voluntarily a day expecting reward, Allah Ta’ala will move him 40 years distance away from Hell.” (Kanzul-Umaal, V8, P255, Hadith 24148)

50 Years Far from Hell

3) The Beloved Rasool Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam said: Whoever fasts voluntarily a day for Allah's pleasure, Allah Ta’ala will create a distance a fast (horse) rider covers in 50 years between him and Hell.” (Kanzul-Umaal, V8, P255, Hadith 24149)

More Reward than Earth Full of Gold

4) The Beloved of Allah, Mercy for mankind Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam said: If someone fasts voluntarily a day and (if he) is given the whole earth full of gold (as a reward) his reward will still remain incomplete, he will be given his reward on the day of judgement only. (Abu Ya’la, V5, P353, Hadith 6104)

Extremely Far from Hell

5) Sayyiduna Utbah bin Abde-Sulamee Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu narrates that the Beloved Rasool Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam said: “Whoever keeps one compulsory (fard) fast in the path of Allah Ta’ala , Allah Ta’ala willput him as far away from Hell as the distance between the seven earths and the seven skies is; and whoever fasts voluntarily a day, Allah Ta’ala shall put him as far away from Hell as the distance between the earth and the sky is.” (Tabarani Mu’jam Kabeer, V17, P120, Hadith 295)

The Excellence of One Fast

6) Sayyiduna Abu Huraira Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu narrates the following merciful statement of our Dear and Beloved Rasool Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam : Whoever fasts a day for Allah's pleasure, Allah Ta’ala puts him as far away from Hell as the distance which a baby-crow flying continuously till it grows old and dies can cover.” (Musnad Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal, V3, P619, Hadith 10810)

The Best Deed

7) Sayyiduna Abu Umaamah Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu says that he asked, “Ya Rasul Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam! Tell me any act (that will benefit me)”. He Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam replied, “Fast, because there is nothing like it”. He asked again, “Tell me any act”. He Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam replied, “Fast, because there is nothing like it”. He asked once again, “Tell me any act”. He Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam replied, “Fast, because there is nothing like it”. (Nasai, V4, P166)

8) Another report mentions that he Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu asked Beloved Rasul Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam “Ya Rasul Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam! Tell me such an action that benefits me”. He Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam replied, “Make fast incumbent upon you because there is nothing like it”. (ibid)

9) Another report mentions that he Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu asked, “Ya Rasul Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam! Tell me such an action leading me to the Heaven”. He Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam replied, “Make fast incumbent upon you because there is no other action like it.” (Al-Ihsan bitartibi- Sahih ibn Habban, V5, P179, Hadith 3416)
    The narrator says, “Smoke was never seen at the house of Sayyiduna Abu Umamah Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu during the day except on the occasion of the guest's arrival (in other words he didn’t eat during the day because he would always fast). (Al-Muttahirrul-Rabih fi thawabil-amalilsalih, P338)

Travel! You’ll Become Rich!

10) Sayyiduna Abu Huraira Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu reports that Makki Madani Mustafa, Rasul Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam said: “Do Jihad! You will become self-sufficient! Fast You will become healthy! Travel! You will become rich!” (Al-Mu’jamul-Awsat,V6, P1460, Hadith 8312)

Fasting People will be Delighted on the Day of Resurrection

11) Sayyiduna Anas Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu said, 'On the day of resurrection, fasting people will rise from their graves and they will be recognized by the fragrance of fast; there shall be jugs of water on which there will be seals of musk, and they shall be told, “Eat, you were hungry yesterday; drink, you were thirsty yesterday; rest, you were tired yesterday”, so they shall eat and rest whereas other people shall be suffering the difficulties of accountability in the state of thirst. (Kanzul- Umaal, V8, P313, Hadith 23639/Al-Tadwin-fi-akhbari-Qazwin, V2, P326)

A Golden Dining Cloth

12) Sayyiduna Abu Darda Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu said: “Every hair of a fasting person makes Tasbih for him, on the day of judgement, there shall be a golden mat that will be studded with pearls and gems and it shall be as large as the earth, it shall be full of Heavenly foods, drinks and fruits, the fasting poeple will eat and enjoy themselves whereas other people shall be suffering the difficulties of accountability.” (Al-Firdous bi-ma’thuril-Khitab, V5, P490, Hadith 8853)

Fasting People shall Eat on the Day of Judgement

13) Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Rubah Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu says, 'On the day of Judgement, dining-mats shall be laid, the fasting people will eat from them before every one else'. (Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaibah, V2, P424, Hadith 10)

Those who Fast shall Enter Heaven

14) Sayyiduna Huzaifa Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu narrates that Rasul Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam said: “The one reciting the Kalima just for the pleasure of Allah Ta’ala will enter the Heaven, and will die with Kalima (Iman); and the one fasting for the pleasure of Allah Ta’ala will also die with it and will enter the Heaven; and the one giving charity for the pleasure of Allah Ta’ala will also die with it and will enter the Heaven.” (Musnad Imam Ahmad, V9, P90, Hadith 23384)

The Excellence of Fasting in Extreme Heat

15) Sayyiduna ibn Abbas Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu says that Blessed Rasul Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam sent Sayyiduna Abu Musa Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu to a sea-battle. One dark night, when the sails of the ship had been removed, a voice was heard from the unseen, “Oh people of the ship! Stop! Shall I tell you what Allah Ta’ala has decided for Himself?” Sayyiduna Abu Musa Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu said, “If you can, do tell us?” The voice said, “Allah Ta’ala has decided that whoever bears thirst on an extremely hot day for His pleasure, then Allah Ta’ala will give him water to drink on the day of extreme thirst (judgement day).”
    Imam Abu Bakr Abdullah Al-Ma’ruf Ibn-Abid-Dunya writes in 'Kitabul-Joo' Ever since the day when Sayyiduna Abu Musa Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu heard the voice of the unseen, he would fast even on such a hot day when other people would normally take off their extra clothes (due to the extreme heat). (At’targheeb Wat’tarheeb, V2, P51, Hadith 18)

The Reward for a Fasting Person who Watches Others Eating and remains Patient

16) Sayyidatuna Umm-e-Ansariyah Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anha ' says, “Once the Beloved of Allah Rasul Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam came to me, I presented some food to him. He Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam said, ‘You also eat’. I replied, ‘I have fast’. Rasul Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam said, 'The Angels keep praying for the fasting person's forgiveness as long as someone eats before him.' The following words have also been stated in another narration, “Until the eater fills his stomach”. (Al-Ihsan bitartibi Sahih-ibn-Habban, V5, P181, Hadith 3421)

17) Sayyiduna Buraidah Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu narrates that The Rasul Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam said to (Sayyiduna) Bilal Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu “O Bilal! Come and have breakfast” Sayyiduna Bilal Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu replied, “I have fast”. Rasul Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam said, “We are eating our sustenance while Bilal’s Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anhu sustenance is increasing in Paradise .” He Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam then said, “O Bilal! Do you know the Angels keep praying for the fasting person's forgiveness and his bones do Tasbih as long as someone eats before him” (Ibn-e-Maja, V2, P348, Hadith 1749)

The Excellence of Dying whilst Fasting

18) Sayyidatuna Aisha Siddiqa Radiallaho Ta’ala ‘Anha' narrates that Blessed Rasul Allah Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam said, “Whoever dies in the state of fast, Allah Ta’ala will write (the reward of) fasts up to the day of judgement in his book of deeds”. (Al-Firdous bi-ma’thuril-khitab, V3, P504, Hadith 5557)
    Last edited by shaikh_samee; 02-09-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1617 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nafil rozon ke Dini aur Dunyavi Faide

6rozay shawal k poray sal rozay rakhne k barabar hai

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8577 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nafil rozon ke Dini aur Dunyavi Faide

Jazak ALLAH Khair