IngredientsPrep and cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
· 1kg / 450g potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
· 1 x 245g pack mackerel fillets, flaked
· 2 eggs
· 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 75g plain flour
· 125g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
For the salsa:
Half a red pepper
Half a yellow pepper
Half a red onion
· Preheat the oven to 220°C, 425°F, Gas Mark 7
· For the mackerel fish cakes: cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15-20 minutes, drain and mash.
· Add the flaked mackerel, 1 beaten egg, parsley and seasoning.
· Shape into 10 patties with lightly floured hands, then dip into flour, followed by the remaining beaten eggs and finally into breadcrumbs. Chill for about 30 minutes.
· Place the mackerel fish cakes onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
· Chop the peppers, red onion and chives into small cubes and mix together to form a rough salsa.
Serve the fishcakes with the salsa
Yahi Dastoor-E-ulfat Hai,Nammi Ankhon,
Mein Le Kar Bhi,
Sabhi Se Kehna Parta Hai,K Mera Haal,