Potato Stuffed Green Chillies
Green long Mirch [chilies] – 4 big ones
Potatoes – 2 medium size
Besan (Bengal gram flour) – ½ cup
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds -1 tsp
Asafoetida (Hing) powder -1/4 tsp
Olive oil – 4 tbsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
Amchur powder (dried mango powder) – ½ tbsp
Kitchen King masala – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Wash and dry green mirch. Make a slit lengthwise in the mirch and remove all the seeds.
2. Boil and peel potatoes and keep aside.
3. In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida powder. When it crackles, add boiled potatoes and mash it. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes mix well and cover the pan with the lid. Turn the heat to medium-low for 2 minutes.
4. Add one spoon at a time besan to the potatoes and mix well. After adding all the besan to the pan, cover it for 4-5 minutes to cook the besan thoroughly. Add all dry spices (turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder and salt). Mix well and cook for a minute. Stuffing is ready.
5. Take the stuffing off the flame and cool it down.
6. Preheat oven at 375 degrees for bake.
7. with the help of dry spoon fill up the mirch with stuffing. Arrange stuffed mirch in an oven proof shallow pan, drizzle 1 tbsp vegetable oil and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes. Keep checking few times.