Intention for Hajj-e-Qiran
A Qarin should make intention for both Hajj and ‘Umrah in the following words:
Translation: Ya Allah azwajal! I make the intention of Hajj and ‘Umrah, make both of them easy for me and accept them from me. I have made the intention of Hajj and ‘Umrah and have worn the Ihram of both just for the sake of Allah azwajal
Intention for Hajj
After putting on the Ihram of Hajj, Mufrid should make the following intention. Similarly, after putting on Ihram, Mutamatte’ should also make the following intention on 8th of Zul-Hajjah or before it.
Translation: Ya Allah azwajal! I make the intention of Hajj, make it easy for me and accept it from me. Help me in offering it and make it blessed for me. I have made the intention for Hajj and have worn its Ihram for the sake of Allah azwajal
Intention means the willingness of heart. It is better to make intention verbally. Intention in Arabic will be valid provided the maker of intention comprehends its meaning. Otherwise, make intention in your own language. Presence of intention in heart is a must in all cases.
After making the intention (whether it is the intention of ‘Umrah or that of Hajj) it is essential to utter Labbaik at least once; uttering it thrice is preferable. Labbaik is as follows:
“labbaikallahumma labbaika labbaika laa shareeka laka labbaika-innal hamda wan na'mata laka wal mulka-la shareeka laka”
Leaving for Mina on 8th Zul-Hajjah
• If possible, go on the journey of Mina, ‘Arafat and Muzdalifah etc. on foot as 70 millions good deeds will be written for your every step till you return to Makkah-e-Mukarramah.
• Utter Talbiyah and Durud Sharif abundantly all the way. As soon as Mina Sharif appears, recite Durud Sharif and then the following Du’a :
Translation: O Allah azwajal! This is Mina. Bless me with the boon that you bestowed upon Your Auliya (beloveds).
• You have to offer five Salah (from Sala-tul-Juhr of 8th Zul-Hajjah to Sala-tul-Fajr of 9th Zul-Hajjah) in Mina Sharif as the Holy Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam also did the same.
Du’a of the Night of ‘Arafah
Translation: Pure is He azwajal Whose ‘Arsh is in the Heavens, Pure is He azwajal Whose sovereignty is in the earth, Pure is He azwajal Whose path is in the oceans, Pure is He azwajal Whose sultanate is in Hell, Pure is He azwajal Whose mercy is in Paradise, Pure is He azwajal Whose commandment is in the grave, Pure is He azwajal under Whose authority are the souls present in the air, Pure is He azwajal Who has elevated the skies and Pure is He azwajal Who has lowered the earth, Pure is He azwajal from Whose torment there is no refuge except towards Him.
(Recite Durud Sharif once before and after the Du’a)
Leaving for ‘Arafat on 9th Zul-Hajjah
On 9th Zul-Hajjah, after offering Fajr Salah in its Mustahab time, keep reciting Talbiyah, Zikr and Du’a until the sun rises and appears on the mount Šabir which is situated opposite Masjid Khaif Sharif. Now, proceed towards ‘Arafat Sharif with a thudding heart. Further, leaving Mina Sharif, recite the following Du’a once:
Du’a of the Way to ‘Arafat
Translation: O Allah azwajal! Make this morning of mine the best of mornings and make it closer to Your pleasure and distance it from Your wrath. O Allah azwajal! I have turned towards You and I have trusted You and intended Your Wajh-e-Karim. Forgive my sins, accept my Hajj, have mercy on me and do not make me deprived. Bless my journey with bounties and fulfill my needs in ‘Arafat. Without doubt, You have power over all things.
(Recite Durud Sharif once before and after the Du’a)
In ‘Arafat Sharif, the salah of Zuhr and ‘Asr are offered in combination during Zuhr timings but there are certain conditions for it. You have to offer Zuhr salah in Zuhr timings and ‘Asr salah in ‘Asr timings with congregation in your camp.
Supplications of ‘Arafat Sharif
According to a Hadis, the one reciting following Kalimah of Tawhid (Oneness), Surah-e-Ikhlas and the below-mentioned Durud Sharif 100 times each, in the afternoon, in his Mawqif (the lodging area), he is forgiven. In addition, if he intercedes for all those present in ‘Arafat Sharif, his intercession will be recognized.
1. Recite this Kalimah of Tawhid (Oneness) 100 times:
2. Recite Surah-e-Ikhlas 100 times.
3. Recite this Durud Sharif 100 times:
Translation: O Allah azwajal send Salat on (our Master) Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam as You sent salat on (our Master) Ibrahim alaihi salam and descendents of (our Master) Ibrahim alaihi salam. Indeed, You are glorified and glorious. And [send salat] upon us as well alongwith them.
Recite the following three times:
“Allahu Akbar Walillahil Hamd”
Recite Kalimah of Tawhid once and then recite following Du’a three times:
Translation: O Allah azwajal! Bless me with true guidance. Make me
pure and grant me protection from sinning through piety and forgive
me in this world and the Hereafter.
It is Sunnah to Make Du’a in ‘Arafat whilst
Remember! The Haji does not have to offer Maghrib Salah in the field of Arafat; instead, Salah of Maghrib and ‘Isha will be offered in combination in Muzdalifah in the timing of ‘Isha Salah.
Departure for Muzdalifah
When it is sure that the sun has set completely, move from ‘Arafat Sharif to Muzdalifah. Keep reciting Zikr, Durud and Labbaik all the way. Yesterday, the rights of Allah azwajal were forgiven, forgiveness for the rights of people is promised here, (in Muzdalifah).
Method of Offering Maghrib Salah and ‘Isha Salah in Combination
Here (in Muzdalifah), you have to offer both Salah’s with single Azan and single Iqamat. Therefore, after Azan and Iqamat, first offer three Fard Rak’at of Maghrib salah, then, immediately after performing the Salam of Maghrib salah, offer Fard of ‘Isha salah. Thereafter, offer Sunan of Maghrib and then offer Sunan and Witr of ‘Isha.
Stay in Muzdalifah
Spending night in Muzdalifah is a Sunnat-e-Muakkadah but stay over there is Wajib. The stipulated time for stay at Muzdalifah is from subh-e-sadiq (dawn) up to sunrise. If one spends even a single moment in Muzdalifah within the described duration, his stay in Muzdalifah will be valid. Obviously, the one who offers Fajr salah within Fajr timings in Muzdalifah, his stay is valid.
Rami; First Rite of 10th Zul-Hajjah
On returning to Mina Sharif from Muzdalifah, come towards Jamra-tul-‘Aqabah (Big Satan). Today (i.e., 10th Zul-Hajjah), grits (small stones) will be hurled at only one Satan (the big one).
Sacrifice (Qurbani) of Hajj
• After hurling grits at the big Satan on 10th Zul-Hajjah, come to the slaughter area and perform Qurbani (sacrifice of animal). This Qurbani is Wajib for a Qarin and Mutamatte’ in gratefulness to Hajj even if he is Faqir (poor).
• This Qurbani is Mustahab for a Mufrid even if he is wealthy.
• After performing Qurbani, get Halq or Qasr done.
• Remember! Performing these three acts in order is Wajib.
1. First: Rami 2. Then: Qurbani 3. Then: Halq or Qasr• As Qurbani is not Wajib for Mufrid, he may get Halq or Qasr done after Rami.
Rami of 11th and 12th of Zul-hajjah
On 11th and 12th of Zul-Hajjah, grits (small stones) are to be hurled at all the three Satans after the commencement of Zuhr timings; first, hurl grits at Jamra-tul-Oula (Small Satan), then Jamra-tul-Wusta (Middle Satan) and then Jamra-tul-‘Aqabah (Big Satan).
• Tawaf-uz-Ziyarah is the second pillar of Hajj.
• It is preferable to perform Tawaf-uz-Ziyarah on 10th of Zul-Hajjah. If it cannot be performed on 10th, it can be performed on 11th or 12th as well but it must be performed before the sunset of 12th.
• If the sunset of 12th Zul-Hajjah takes place before the completion of four rounds of Tawaf-uz-Ziyarah, Dam (a type of expiation) will become Wajib.
• However, if a woman undergoing menses or post-natal bleeding becomes pure after 12th of Zul-hajjah, she should perform it now; Dam will not be Wajib out of delay for these reasons.
• If a woman going through her menstrual periods has a seat reserved in plane etc. for return and she has not yet performed Tawaf-uz-Ziyarah, she should get the reservation of her seat cancelled, if possible, and perform Tawaf-uz-Ziyarah after attaining purity. If the cancellation of reservation causes difficulty for her or her traveling companions, she can perform Tawaf-uz-Ziyarah in the same state because of compulsion, but Badanah (the sacrifice of a cow or camel) will be due to her. Further, it is also necessary for her to repent as entering the Masjid in the state of impurity is a sin. If she succeeds in repeating
Tawaf-uz-Ziyarah after attaining purity from menses by the sunset of 12th Zul-Hajjah, expiation will lapse, i.e. Badanah will no longer remain due to her. If she manages to repeat Tawaf-uz-Ziyarah after purity after 12th Zul-Hajjah, the expiation of Badanah will lapse but that of Dam will still be due to her.
Tawaf-e-Rukhsat (Farewell Tawaf)
After performing Hajj, when an Afaqi Haji intends to return back to his country,Tawaf-e-Rukhsat becomes Wajib for him. If he does not perform it, Dam will become Wajib for him. [An Afaqi Haji is the one who comes from beyond the Miqat e.g. from Pakistan, India etc.]