Spring Chicken Dum Roast
1 whole chicken
6 red chilies
10g sounf (fennel) seeds
15g garam masala
20g ginger-garlic paste
1 bunch cilantro
1 tbsp soya sauce
Salt to taste
- Clean the chicken without removing the skin
- Fry 2 red chilies, sounf, garam masala in a pan and make a paste with cilantro and ginger-garlic.
- To this paste add soya sauce, salt and apply to the chicken on all sides and leave it for 2 hours.
- Bring both the legs and tie a thread tightly, pull the remaining thread through stomach region and around the wings so that the chicken remains so close.
- In a wide and deep pan, heat oil and fry the chicken until it gets golden brown.
- Remove the chicken and place in a separate pan with little oil. Sprinkle some water on the chicken and allow it to cook on steam for about 15 minutes.