Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp hopes to be back in the dugout in time for the club's next game against Aston Villa, although his doctors may order him to miss up to another month of action.

13333 - Redknapp still hopeful of return against Villa

Redknapp was not present for Spurs' 3-1 Premier League victory against Fulham at Craven Cottage on Sunday, as he began his rehabilitation after undergoing heart surgery last week.

His long-serving assistant manager, Kevin Bond, has revealed the Englishman hopes to be back in time for the league game against Villa on November 21, but may be ordered to rest for as many as four or five more weeks to ensure he heals properly.

"Whatever the doctors say, he needs to take his lead from them," Bond told Sky Sports News. "These people know best, but I think he is hoping that he'll be back for our next game.

"I know initially that was his thoughts, that he'd be back for the Villa game, but if it needs to be longer then he'll have to listen to those guys."

Bond admitted that it was odd to be sitting in the dugout without Redknapp, but believes the team showed they can continue to pick up points in his absence.

"It was a difficult 90 minutes for him, but he's fine today," he noted. "It isn't quite the same when the manager isn't there to take the lead, but everyone is aware of the situation and they knew exactly what was expected of them. I thought they went about their jobs well in the first half.

"Obviously it was difficult in the second half, it's always been a difficult place for us to go, but we did hang on and get three vital points. It was a great win for us."

Bond also acknowledged that summer signing Brad Friedel has made the No. 1 shirt at the club his own, as the goalkeeper prepares to come up against his former club.

"Well he got the shirt for the first league game of the season and he's held onto it. We do change our goalkeepers for European fixtures, but I think it is for him to lose now," Bond said.