Thread: Two Sacrifices..... must read

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1284 Thread(s)

Default Two Sacrifices..... must read

A Unique Sacrifice

Hazrat Taawus Rehmatullahi ‘Alaihi states that I was with a group of people going for Hajj one year. I saw a young man in the group who did not appear to have any supplies for the journey. I asked him, “O Young man! Why did you set out on this journey if you do not have the necessary supplies?” He responded with a verse of the Qur’an ‘the best provision is piety.’ In other words, the best provisions in the Sight of Allah Ta’ala are piety and goodness. I told him that piety is one thing and having supplies and food for a journey is another.

He replied, “O Sheikh! Going to the House of the Supreme Generous One with your own food is not appropriate.” When everyone had put on their Ihram and were proclaiming ‘Labbaik’ (I am here) this young man was silent. I asked him why he was silent and he replied, “I fear that when I say ‘Labbaik’ I will get a response of ‘I do not accept you.’ As soon as he said this he fell unconscious on top of me. Upon seeing this I wept uncontrollably and said that this
    young man has such piety at such a young age and what if Allah Ta’ala dismisses and does not accept our Hajj – what would we do? I continued to weep and the rest of the group also started to cry and weep. When we got to Mina and people started performing their sacrifices the young man said, “O Lord! Everyone is presenting sacrifices to you but I have nothing except for my life; I am sacrificing my life for you.” Then he let out a loud cry and passed away.

Namrood Offers a Sacrifice

It is narrated that when Namrood saw that Ibrahim ‘Alaihis Salaam was safeguarded in the fire he said, “O Ibrahim! Undoubtedly your Lord is great. Now I will offer a sacrifice to Him.” In order to gain closeness to Allah Ta’ala he gathered thousands of animals and had them sacrificed but none of them were accepted because he did not repent from his false beliefs and did not refrain from his evil deeds.

My Beloved Prophet’s صلىاللهه عليهه والسلم beloved followers! No worship is acceptable without faith but if you have faith then the Merciful Lord through His Infinite Mercy will accept worship even though it may have many shortcomings and faults. All good deeds should be done with true faith and the right intention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)

Default Re: Two Sacrifices..... must read

jazakALLAH Khair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Two Sacrifices..... must read

nice g