Thread: Don't scrap one-day cricket - Anderson

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Default Don't scrap one-day cricket - Anderson

England seamer James Anderson has dismissed calls for one-day international cricket to be scrapped.

139270 - Don't scrap one-day cricket - Anderson

Anderson's team-mate Graeme Swann recently suggested that removing the 50-over format would ease congestion in a packed fixture list.

Although Anderson admits the international schedule needs addressing, he insists scrapping the one-day game entirely is not a realistic option.

"I made my international debut in a one-day game and I really enjoy playing in them," Anderson told Sky Sports News. "I guess the amount of them we play in a year is something that possibly could get looked at, but I really enjoy playing in all forms of cricket and hopefully I will continue to do so for a few years."

The ICC recently confirmed that the World Test Championship would not take place until 2017, and England captain Andrew Strauss has warned that they are "sowing the seeds of our downfall" if cricket officials and players failed to take steps to protect the five-day game. But Anderson is hopeful Test cricket can draw big crowds once again.

"It is a little worrying when you see games abroad and the crowds aren't that great," he said. "But from our point of view, every time we play a Test match in England the crowds are great and there is still a huge amount of interest in it.

"So I just hope and pray the game can carry on for a number of years because a lot of players are very passionate about it and I am sure the fans are too."

And Anderson admitted that for England, who reached the top of the world Test rankings in the summer, it is particularly disappointing to hear the Test championship has been postponed.

"It's frustrating," he said. "For us being No. 1 in the world at the moment it was something we were really looking forward to. But obviously it has been put back, the ICC thought that was the right decision and hopefully in the next few years we will be able to have something like that to look forward to again."
    mera libas hai tu zps3e44c641 - Don't scrap one-day cricket - Anderson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Re: Don't scrap one-day cricket - Anderson

thanks 4 sharing