Manchester United striker Federico Macheda is eyeing a loan move to another Premier League club during January.

14481 - Macheda open to Premier League loan

Macheda, 20, burst on the scene in April 2009 by scoring the winner against Aston Villa at Old Trafford, but since then has failed to live up to that promising start and was sent on loan to Sampdoria last season.

He scored just one goal with the Italian side, who were relegated to Serie B at the end of the campaign, and insists he has no desire to return to his home country.

"An assignment on loan in January? We have opportunities, but I definitely won't be going back to Italy," Macheda told tuttomercatoweb. "I would like to play in England, today and tomorrow, because I want my future to be at Manchester United. There are proposals from the Premier League, we are evaluating them and we'll make our choices when the time comes."

Macheda has made just one Premier League appearance this term, having found his path to a first-team place at United blocked by Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov, Javier Hernandez and the emergence of England international Danny Welbeck.

"Welbeck has exploded, I was injured for a month and I only came back for 10 minutes on Saturday [against Newcastle]," Macheda said. "Welbeck is a great player and a very good person. I have played alongside him since I was 16 and we were in the youth teams together.

"I am tipping him to be a big star in the future. I also believe I am capable of matching him because, despite some criticism, I am still only 20 years old."