Fulham manager Martin Jol has played down talk of a rift with Bobby Zamora amid speculation over the England international's future at Craven Cottage.

31040 - Jol plays down Zamora rift talk

It has been reported Zamora could leave Fulham in the January transfer window, with Aston Villa and Sunderland alleged suitors, and conjecture was fuelled after the forward was left out of last weekend's 2-0 loss at Swansea.

Zamora, though, is to return to the side for Thursday's crunch Europa League meeting with Odense, and Jol has attempted to reassure fans the striker will be remaining in West London.

"I said to him a few weeks ago, 'Do you love this club?' and he said, 'Yeah, I love this club, I love this team'. I don't think there is any problem," Jol said. "I think the grass is always greener [on the other side] but it is not only for him. There are always players in a squad of 24 or 25 players that look at other clubs, but this is a great club.

"There is not one player that has told me he does not want to play for this squad. I feel if you look at the media, they started this Bobby thing in August. There are a few youngsters that tell me they should be playing and are not playing all the time, but Bobby is totally different.

"I wanted a good atmosphere and a good team that pushes each other so I though last weekend it was time for Andy Johnson to play because he has scored goals. He had good games and worked hard in training so that was the motivation."

Asked again whether there was a rift with Zamora, Jol said: "They (the media) said we had a 'bust-up' at the start of the season, but you always have a little bit of a disagreement.

"If you want them to go into space and they want to come to the ball or, for example, [Pajtim] Kasami has to play on the right and wants to play No. 10. I have got a lot of players who have to play in a different ways, like the youngster Kerim Frei. The main thing is the team, the club."