Liverpool have completed the signing of teenage prospect Jordan Ibe from Wycombe after the two clubs reached an agreement on Tuesday.

32788 - Liverpool sign 16-year-old Wycombe striker

Ibe, 16, shot to prominence this season, becoming the youngest player to represent Wycombe in the Football League and the youngest scorer in the club's history.

A host of Premier League clubs were monitoring Ibe but the forward will now move to Anfield.

Wanderers manager Gary Waddock said: ''It's a fantastic move for him. He's a phenomenal talent which is why we gave him a chance to show what he can do at first-team level.

''Obviously we wanted to keep him, but we didn't want to stand in the way of an opportunity he deserves. I have no doubt in my mind that he will go on to become a big star and I will be keeping a close eye on his progress. I would like to wish him and his family all the best for the future.''

Bermondsey-born Ibe arrived at Wycombe as a 12-year-old after being released by Charlton. After two superb seasons in the club's youth team, he burst onto the scene for the first team by scoring a superb goal against Staines in a pre-season friendly this summer.

He made his senior debut in a Carling Cup clash against Colchester in August aged just 15 years and 244 years, and scored a stunning individual goal on his first ever professional start: a League One fixture against Sheffield Wednesday in October.

In total, Ibe made 11 first-team appearances for Wycombe.