Bolton may have agreed a fee to sell Gary Cahill to Chelsea, but Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas says his club are nowhere near striking a deal with the England international defender over personal terms.

33010 - Chelsea & Cahill 'miles apart' over terms - AVB

Trotters manager Owen Coyle confirmed on Friday that an offer, believed to be in the region of £7 million, had been accepted - only for Villas-Boas to sound a note of caution at his press conference later in the day.

Asked if he could disclose what the fee for Cahill is, Villas-Boas said: "No. What I would like to say is that we are still miles apart regarding agreement with the player. We will continue to monitor this situation, as we will continue to monitor the other targets we have outlined for the position.

"I think [we can sort it out]. It should be no problem."

The newspapers have been ablaze with Chelsea transfer stories in recent days, with a move for Porto striker Hulk rumoured - however, Villas-Boas has downplayed suggestions of a spree from the Stamford Bridge outfit. Asked whether he envisaged any more faces following Cahill through the door, he said: "Not to the extent that is being talked about. One more, maybe."

The expected arrival of Cahill should hasten Alex's exit from the club, with the Brazilian defender currently available for sale - although as yet no bids have been forthcoming. "No concrete offers for Alex," Villas-Boas said. "There has been a lot of interest, of course. The player is of quality and has been associated with various clubs in different countries.

"It's difficult to say [about other departures]. What we are preparing is a squad for the remainder of the season - apart from Nicolas Anelka's departure [to China] and Alex. If any club comes with an interesting offer we will have to consider it, but what we are proposing ourselves at the moment is to take on the challenge of the six months ahead with these players."

Didier Drogba's contract is up at the end of the season, and he will soon be free to talk to other clubs about a move at the end of that deal. Nonetheless, Villas-Boas expects him to still be in London when the January transfer window closes. "I would say yes [he will stay], we count on him here as a player who has made history for the club," he said.