Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insists Thierry Henry still has the hunger and talent to leave his mark on the Premier League, even at the age of 34.

30920 - Henry shares Beckham's desire - Wenger

Henry has rejoined Arsenal on a short-term loan deal from New York Red Bulls, and is poised to play some part in the Gunners' FA Cup third-round tie with Leeds on Monday.

Arsenal's record goalscorer will also be available for the Premier League encounter against Manchester United at Emirates Stadium, as well as the first leg of their Champions League last-16 clash at AC Milan - while his deal could also include the derby with Tottenham on February 26.

He impressed Wenger during a spell training with Arsenal following the conclusion of the MLS season, having previously convinced the French manager that he desire still burned within him.

"I watched the [MLS] play-off against LA Galaxy. That is when I saw Thierry and thought he has still got the pride and desire to win," Wenger said. "It was still there because he was so angry and I didn't expect that from him. I thought he would be a bit cooler.

"That was the moment when I saw the fire was still there. I saw his desire to go and get the ball back. You could see the desire to fight and the pride to win is there. You could see that the champions never lose that, you saw that with David Beckham and Thierry has that as well.

"It is how he can cope physically every day with the training and how much he wants it as well. I was quickly convinced, but I wasn't sure he wanted the challenge as well."