Andy Murray is looking forward to having a target in front of him when he faces Michael Llodra in the third round of the Australian Open.

33780 - Llodra's net threat does not faze Murray

Murray breezed past Edouard Roger-Vasselin to book his ticket into round three and will face his second French opponent of the tournament in Llodra.

Llodra is the second of a potential four Frenchmen who stand between Murray and a potential clash with Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals, as Gael Monfils and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga lie in wait, and Llodra's left-handed, forward-thinking style will likely provide the Scot with a target to pass at the net.

It is a challenge he is relishing, as he said: "He's been a great doubles player, been very good at singles for a long time. He's got a lot of experience. He makes it difficult because of the way he plays.

"You don't see guys playing like that much nowadays. When you do play against them, it normally takes a little while to adjust. It's going to be tough. But I've always enjoyed playing guys that come forward in the past. Hopefully I can play a good match against him."

Murray has looked at ease in Melbourne and will again attempt to dictate terms against Llodra. He said: "I think you want to be able to play the match on your terms. There's more than one way of doing that. It's not like just going out and hitting the ball as hard as you can, trying to play more aggressive.

"For me, playing closer to the baseline is a good sign of that. Normally you're getting a little bit more on your ball. Because of that, you're taking time away from your opponent. If you stand one or two meters further behind the baseline, you're giving them a lot more time on the ball."