Harry Redknapp has given his view on the controversy surrounding Roberto Mancini's recent card-waving action, as the Tottenham manager prepares to take his side to Manchester City on Sunday for what will be a hugely important game for both clubs.

33846 - Redknapp unimpressed by Mancini card antics

City boss Mancini came in for a round of fresh criticism for his appeals from the sideline during his side's 1-0 win over Wigan on Monday, during which he pressed for Latics defender Maynor Figueroa to receive a card from the referee. The Italian was also widely lambasted for a similar action against Liverpool's Martin Skrtel two weeks beforehand, and Redknapp admitted he had been unimpressed.

"I don't like it. I wouldn't do it. I don't like to see it," he told reporters ahead of the weekend's game at the Etihad Stadium.

"I don't think there is any need for it. He has done a great job there and when I have met him I have found him a really good guy.

"We all do things we shouldn't do at different times. We get caught up in the game but it's not something I like to see."

Spurs and City are separated by five points in the Premier League table, with Mancini's side leading the league and having inflicted a devastating 5-1 defeat upon their opponents at White Hart Lane at the start of the season.

"They are not invincible," insisted Redknapp. "I think we can win. We will go there as a positive team. I wouldn't want to go there and sit back. We have people who can hurt them. We have good players here and they will be looking forward to it.

"I don't think about losing (the game). I think about going there on Sunday and trying to win."

Club captain Ledley King has not been available since December 22 and Redknapp hinted there was only a slim chance the defender could be available for the trip to City.

"The last time I saw him on the training pitch was four weeks ago, but it's not impossible (that he could play)," Redknapp added about King, who has been suffering from a hamstring injury.