Williams chief operations engineer Mark Gillan says that the team has set itself the target of regular top ten qualifying and race performances, and that it is on track at present.

13172 - Top ten the target - Gillan

Following one of the worst seasons in the team's history Williams underwent a major restructuring throughout 2011 in an attempt to avoid a repeat. Despite all the changes, Gillan told Sky Sports News that ambitious targets had been set and while they may take time, the progress so far was encouraging.

"Looking on the 2011 side we had a poor season," Gillan said. "For 2012 we've got the target of qualifying constantly in the top ten, finishing in the top ten in terms of position and finishing in the points. I'm pretty confident. It's not going to be an overnight change, it's a hard graft but initial signs look good and we're up for the challenge that's for sure."

Pastor Maldonado admitted that it would be important for himself and his new team-mate Bruno Senna to make sure that the team continues to move forward throughout the season.

"I know Bruno from many years ago so that will be very interesting," Maldonado said. "As a team to see the development during the season because in Formula One we never stop, we always need to improve and improve. He's a young guy as well so I think the motivation is quite big, and we need to work together to push hard to develop the car and to be very fit and competitive during the year."