Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

candel Love does not require any question: Gulzar

Love does not require any questions: Gulzar

Ashish Mehta, TNN Jan 22, 2012, 05.40AM IST
    Tags:

JAIPUR: Love cannot be fulfilled without respect and it requires answers and not questions, opined legendary lyricist Gulzar while unveiling the book Love Story of his friend and philosopher Pawan K Verma.

In a jam-packed session titled 'Love Stories', there was a mix of mature as well as young listeners who anticipated that authors Namita Gokhale, Prasoon Joshi, Gulzar and Verma would share their love experiences.

pixel - Love does not require any question: Gulzar

Gokhale after introducing the panel said two books were to be unveiled including one by Verma titled Where Loss is a Gain and another by her titled The Habit of Love. Gokhale added that no one expected that "serious and highminded Pawan Verma ji" could write a serious love story. "It is a beautiful love story," Gokhale said.

Gulzar too liked Verma's book but appreciated Gokhale recommendation for it, as he recited an Urdu couplet 'Aadatan Tumney Kar Diye Wadey, Aadatan Humney Aitbar Kiya' (As a habit you have made some promises, and as a habit I believed). Speaking about Verma, Gulzar said, "Lagta hai yeh love mein aanand doondh rahey hain (It seems that he is looking for pleasure in love)."

Before Verma could start reading from the book, Prasoon Joshi said, "Many things are woven on love and food since these are desires. I compare love with food as they are basic human desires. I have not written a song on 'Samosa' and 'Gulab Jamun'. We can live without love but we can't live without food. Thus I have to understand from the panel why love is more important."

Verma read out a portion of the book that made listeners craving for more as many got titillations in his narration on how the mind of a girl in sleep and the mind of her conscious co-passenger worked when her head occasionally touched his shoulder.

Last edited by ~Maliha~; 06-04-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    338 Thread(s)

Default Re: Love does not require any question: Gulzar

hmmmmmmmmm
    2j41pxv - Love does not require any question: Gulzar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Love does not require any question: Gulzar