David Moyes has reaffirmed his desire to add to his squad this month, but would not be drawn to comment on speculation linking the club with a bid for Rangers' Nikica Jelavic.

33525 - Moyes quiet on Jelavic bid talk

Jelavic has made a name for himself with 30 goals in 45 league appearances since joining the Gers from Rapid Vienna in 2010, but his future at the Ibrox club is in doubt.

Rangers are not keen to sell, but offers in the region of £8 million are being talked about and that could tempt them to do a deal for the Croatia international.

West Ham have had a bid rejected, while Liverpool have also been linked with the forward but reports suggest Everton are now leading the chase.

When asked directly about Jelavic on Monday, Moyes said: "I never talk about players at other clubs, I wouldn't do that.

"I don't like it and I didn't like it when I was a player and I kept hearing there were other centre-halves coming in to take my position. I wouldn't talk about players at other clubs.

"If there was any news I would give it to you. You will need to wait until midnight tomorrow night and then we will let you know what is happening."

Moyes does not believe having a game on Tuesday evening will be a complication.

He said: "I don't think it will be that difficult. There are people at the club, so if there was business to be done I am sure they will be able to do it.

"They don't desperately need me, but it'll be eight o'clock by kick-off so there will be very little time to go."