Barcelona deny Van Persie approach
Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has dismissed claims the club have made contact over the signing of Arsenal captain Robin van Persie.
Van Persie has been in blistering form this season, with his hat-trick in Saturday's 7-1 victory over Blackburn taking his tally to 22 goals in 24 games in the Premier League.
It remains to be seen where his future lies beyond the end of the current campaign, though, as his contract expires in the summer of 2013, and reports indicated Barca had already approached the Gunners. However, Bartomeu says there is no foundation to those claims.
"Nothing exists with RVP," he said. "It's rumours that appear in the papers. We've not contacted Arsenal, nor his agent.
"Our focus is now on La Liga and Copa del Rey. It's necessary to be focused on the task at hand and not be distracted by the transfer market."