Thread: Iqbal Qasim returns as Pak chief selector

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Iqbal Qasim returns as Pak chief selector

PCB has appointed former test spinner Iqbal Qasim for a second stint as chief selector.

Qasim replaced Mohammad Ilyas on Thursday.

Qasim was the chief selector in 2010 when Australia whitewashed Pakistan in test, one-day and Twenty20 series, but stepped down soon after that.

"We had lost 14 matches in a row during the two and a half months tour (of Australia) and I hope such a situation does not arise again," Qasim said.

Former test fast bowler Salim Jaffar was also included in the committee, while Azhar Khan, Farrukh Zaman and Asif Blaoch retained their places in the five-member selection panel.

Ilyas resigned on Thursday citing personal commitments.

"I ve been there for three and a half years and it s time for new people to come and take over," Ilyas said. "I have enjoyed working with everybody...and people were very kind and generous to me.Qasim has to work quickly to pick a squad for the Asia Cup, which starts in Bangladesh on March 11.

Pakistan s new coach, Dav Whatmore, is expected to take over before the Asia Cup and will arrive in Pakistan on Friday.
    Sources in the PCB told the Associated Press that chairman Ashraf has finalized appointment of Whatmore as the new head coach to replace Mohsin Khan and it was just a matter of making a formal announcement.

Pakistan whitewashed England 3-0 in the test series in the United Arab Emirates before England swept Pakistan 4-0 in the ODI series and then won 2-1 in the Twenty20 series.

Captain Misbah-ul-Haq has been blamed by critics for being too defensive in the shorter formats of the sport. But Ashraf supports him and said it is unlikely the skipper will be changed for the Asia Cup.

"We all are cricket lovers, but we should not condemn someone and write him off," Ashraf said. "I agree Misbah made some mistakes, but it does not mean that we should write him off."

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5939 Thread(s)

Default Re: Iqbal Qasim returns as Pak chief selector

hmmm record to itna achi ni hai ab dekhte hain

8bffd51cd2705b99335ce635a13dbb09 zps81c9bfed - Iqbal Qasim returns as Pak chief selector

..!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let see

Mentioned
    1028 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)