15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1284 Thread(s)

Default BID'AT kya Hai ? (What is BID'AT ?) - Must Read

bidat1 - BID'AT kya Hai ? (What is BID'AT ?) - Must Read

bidat2 - BID'AT kya Hai ? (What is BID'AT ?) - Must Read

Bismillah Hir Rahmaan Nir Raheem

THE WORD BID'AT AS MENTIONED IN THE HOLY QURAN

The literary meaning of "Bid'at" (in the dictionary) is "innovation; novelty." In the following lines we see where in the Holy Quran this word has been used, and the meaning with which it is associated:
    Says the Holy Quran:
    Qul ma kuntu midu'a minar Rusuli
    "Say I am no Bringer of New Fangled Doctrine among the Apostles." (XLVI: 9)
    and it says:
    Bari'us samawaati wal ard "The Originator of the Heavens and the Earth." (II: 117) and it says:
    Warahbaaniyatan ibtadaooha ma katabnaha alaikum
    "But monasticism (which) they invented - We ordained it not for them." (LVII: 27)
    In these Ayahs from the Holy Quran the word Bid'at has been used in it's literary meaning. It's definition in the technical language of the Shari'at is different. In the Holy Quran it has been used to mean "to invent" and "to create a new thing", whereas it's technical meaning is as written in the book Mirqat (under Babul I'tisaam bil Kitaab was-Sunnah) - "that belief or action which was not in practice during the blessed age of Rasulullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) but was introduced after him." From this we see that Bid'at is of two kinds:-
    A. Bid'at I'tiqaadi (innovation in belief)
    B. Bid'at Amali (innovation in action)

Bid'at is divided into five categories and the characteristic of each is given below.

A. BID'AT JA'IZ: is that action which the Shari'at prohibited and which is done without expecting any reward or punishment for it. For example, partaking in a variety of delicious dishes or wearing nice and attractive clothing, etc.

B. BID'AT MUSTAHAB: is that act which is done with anticipation for earning reward, for example to do Milad-un-Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam) or to pray Fatiha for the souls of deceased Muslims, etc. If is done with the intention of gaining rewards, he will gain reward for it, and if one does not do it, he will not be reprimanded for omitting it.

Mirqat Bad-ul I'tisaam says, "Hazrat’e Abdullah ibn-e Mas'ood (radi Allahu anhu) has narrated from the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam) that, 'What the Muslims consider as good then it is also considered as good by Allah.' Another Hadith which is Marfu' says, 'My Ummah will not agree upon a thing which is misleading.'" In the first pages of Miskhat there is a Hadith, "Verily actions depend upon intentions and a man will get whatever he intends for."

The book of Fiqh Darr-e-Mukhtaar (Vol.1) under the chapter of Mustahabs of Ablutions says, "A Mustahab action is that action which the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam) at times did and at times omitted and also that which the Muslims preceding us thought to be good."

The book Shami (Vol. 5) under the chapter of Qurbani says, "Verily good intentions change habits into worship." It is also written similarly in the book Mirqat under the chapter of Intentions.

From these Hadith and quotes from different books of Fiqh we come to know that whatever permissible action done with an intention of anticipating reward or that which the Muslims consider as reward earning is also considered as rewarding in the Judgement of Allah ta'ala. Muslims are witnesses of Allah ta'ala and whatever they witness to be good is good and whatever they witness to be evil is evil.

C. BID'AT WAJIB: is that new action which has not been prohibited in the Shari'at but to omit it will lead to critical complications in the religion. For example, to put the expressions (I'raab) in the Holy Qur’an such as Fatha (Zabar), Kasra (Zer) and Dhumma (Pesh), to construct Madrassay for teaching the Holy Qur’an and Hadith and to learn and teach the knowledge of nahv (Arabic syntax), etc. are all Bid'at Wajib. Let's take an example of the complication which the Muslims will face if one of these things was to be omitted. Supposing the expressions of the Holy Qur’an were to be erased, then millions of Muslims who are not familiar with the Arabic syntax (Nahv - the learning of which is also Bid'at Wajib) will not be able to read the Holy Book correctly and will be sinful for reading it incorrectly.

D. BID'AT MAKRUH: Is that innovation the performing of which will lead to the annihilation of a Sunnah. If a Ghaiyr Mu'akkidah Sunnah is annihilated then it is Makruh Tanzihi and if a Mu'akkidah Sunnah is annihilated then it is Makruh Tahrimi. For example, to pray the Eid Khutba in a language other than Arabic, etc. is Bid'at Makruh Tahrimi.

E. BID'AT HARAAM: Is that innovation which will lead to the annihilation of a Wajib. For example, the introductions of beliefs which are in contradiction with the Kitab and Sunnah, such as Qadriyya who believe, that man has got all the power to do whatever he wishes, and Jabriyya, who believe that man has got no power at all and all actions are done under compulsion, whereas the belief of the AhleSunnat Wal Jamaat is that man has been given option in some things and is under compulsion in some. So to believe as the Qadriyya or the Jabriyya will lead to the annihilation of a Wajib which is Haraam. Many sects have been introduced into Islam after the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam). The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam) said: "My Ummah will be divided into seventy three sects and all will be in Hell except one. That upon which I and my Sahaba are."

2.3 BID'ATS IN OUR DAILY RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES

We will now see that no worship in Islam is void of Bid'at-e-Hasana.

IMAAN: Every Muslim child is taught Imaan-e-Mujmal and Imaan-e-Mufassal whereas no such categories or names for Imaan were in practice in the age of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam) or the three blessed generations after him.(*)

(*) By the three blessed generations we mean the ages of the Sahaba, the Tabe'een and the Tab'e Tabe'een.

KALIMAY: Every Muslim memorises six Kalimay. These six Kalimay, their enumeration and their sequence that, this is the first Kalimah, this the second, etc. are all Bid'ats which were not there in the commencing period of Islam.

QURAN: To divide the Holy Qur’an into thirty Paray (sections) and to divide the Paray into Rukus, to put the I'raab (expressions such as Zabbar, Zer, Pesh) in the Holy Qur’an and to have the Holy Book printed by offset in the press are Bid'ats which could not be traced in the commencing era of Islam.

HADITH: To collect the Hadith in book form and state the chain or narrators and to characterise the Hadith by saying this is Sahih, this is Hassan or Da'if, Mu'addaal or Mudallas, etc. and to establish the commands with the help of Hadith such as Makruh, Mustahab, etc. are all appreciable Bid’ats which were not in practice in the blessed age of The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam).

PRINCIPLES OF HADITH (USUL-E-HADITH): This whole branch of knowledge along with its rules is itself Bid'at Hasana.

FIQH: Nowadays all the matters in our daily life depend upon this knowledge because it contains the rules and commands for everything which may come across our lives, but this field of knowledge also is Bid'at Hasana.

USUL FIQH AND I'LM-E-KALAAM: These two branches of knowledge too, along with their principles and injunctions are all Bid'at Hasana.

SALAH: It is Bid'at-e-Hasana to intend for praying Salah by proclaiming the intention loudly or to pray the 20 Rakaah Tarawih prayer in congregation during the Holy Month of Ramadhaan.

FASTING: At the time of breaking fast (Iftaar) to say the Dua: "O Allah, for Thee have I Fasted and in Thee I believe and upon Thee I trust and with the food given by Thee I open my fast" and to intend for fasting by saying this Dua audibly at the time of Sehri: "O Allah, I intend to fast for Thy sake tomorrow" are all Bid'at Hasana.

ZAKAAT: To give Zakaat with the currency which is currently used such as coins and paper notes is Bid'at because these were not in vogue in the commencing centuries of Islam.

HAJJ: To perform Hajj by travelling in aeroplanes, ships, cars, lorries, buses and to go to the field of Arafaat by car or bus are all Bid'ats because such conveyances had not been invented in that age.

When Bid'at has been introduced in such things as Imaan and Kalimay then how will we succeed in abstaining from it. So we will have to agree that all Bid'ats are not Haraam and only those Bid'ats are Haraam which contradict the Kitaab and Sunnah.

BID'AT IN WORDLY AFFAIRS: Nowadays we see around us such new inventions that could not be found in the first three centuries of Islam and we got so much accustomed to them that life would be very difficult without them. Everyone is compelled to use these things such as trains, cars, aeroplanes, watches, electricity, and hundreds of other things, without which we cannot imagine how life would be. But all these things are Bid'ats and cannot be traced back to the blessed age of The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam) or the Sahaba.

We will now list a few things which were not during the blessed age of The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam) but were innovated afterwards and made part and parcel of religion.

(i) Construction of Madrassay

(ii) Dividing the Qur’an into thirty parts

(iii) Marking the expressions on the Holy Qur’an, viz. Fatha, Kasra, Dhamma (Zabar, Zer, Pesh)

(iv) Printing the Holy Book and other religious books in the press.

(v) The compilation of I'lm-e-Hadith and Fiqh

(vi) To put down the Holy verses of the Qur’an in paper form, etc.

All the above mentioned things are Bid'ats which were not in the blessed age of The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam) but are considered religious. Those who say that Milad and Fatiha are Bid'ats because those religious affairs which were innovated after the blessed age of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam) should have a look at the above list and show us which of these two things are not included in the religion and which was there in the blessed age?

The Hadith: "Whosoever invents a new thing in our religion is rejected" which you have presented in your objection means that whoever innovates a new belief or whoever innovates a new action which is in contradiction with the Kitaab and Sunnah will be rejected.

3.2 CONCLUSION

Those people who say that every Bid'at is Haraam should understand the meaning of this universally accepted principle that the origin of everything is Mubah (permissible), i.e. everything is permissible unless a Hukm (command) has come in its prohibition which will make it Haraam. Every novelty is not prohibited on the grounds that it is something new but the prohibition comes if the novelty is in contradiction with the Holy Qur’an or the Sunnat.

The Ayats of the Holy Qur’an along with Hadith and the statements of the Fuqaha (Jurisprudents) have approved of this principle. The Holy Qur’an says:

"O you who believe, ask not of the things which if disclosed to you may annoy you, and if you ask them while the Qur’an is being revealed, they will be disclosed to you, Allah has pardoned that, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing."

From this blessed Ayat we see that all those things about which no command or prohibition has come have been pardoned. That is why the Holy Qur’an says regarding those women with whom Nikah is prohibited:

"Lawful unto thee are all beyond those mentioned."

and it says,

"While he has surely mentioned to you in detail what he has forbidden you."

We see that all things in general are permissible except those which have been forbidden in the Holy Qur’an and Hadith.

A Hadith in Mishkat, Babul Adabu-Ta'aam, says, "Permitted is that which Allah Ta'ala has made permissible in His Book, and prohibited is that which Allah ta'ala has prohibited in His Book and that about which nothing has been mentioned is pardoned." From this Hadith we see that things are of three categories. Firstly, that which is permissible and it's permissibility has been established from the Holy Qur’an. Secondly, that which is impermissible and it's impermissibility is established in the Holy Qur’an. Thirdly, that about which the Holy Qur’an is silent and these are pardoned.

The book Shami (Vol. 1, Kitabut-Taharat under the definition of Sunnat) says: "According to the Hanafis and the Shafi'is this is the accepted principle that the origin of every action is permissible." Even in the books of Tafseer such as Khazin, Ruhool Bayan and Khaza'inul Irfaan it is written the same that the origin of everything is permissible unless it has been made impermissible by the Holy Qur’an.

Some people ask this question - "Show us where it is written that Milad Shareef is permissible or that the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam) ever performed the Milad or the respected Sahaba or the Tabe'een performed it?" This question is deceiving and misguiding. It is upon those who say that Milad is Haraam to show us which Ayat or Hadith has prohibited Milad and to bring us the evidence which supports their words.

How can they say something to be Haraam and that too, Milad Shareef wherein the praises of the Beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa’sallam) are read and his blessed biography and actions are mentioned to freshen the minds and give calmness to the soul when Allah Ta'ala has not made it Haraam nor has any Hadith come in its prohibition?

The Holy Qur’ans silence on this subject and the Hadith not having anything against it indicate that Milad Shareef is permissible.

Allah Ta'ala says in the Holy Qur’an:

"Say: I find not which is revealed unto me aught prohibited to an eater that he eat thereof, except it be carrion or blood poured forth or swine flesh - for that verily is foul."

and He says:

"Say: Who has forbidden the adornment of Allah which he has brought forth for his bondmen and the things clean and pure (which he has provided) for sustenance?" (al-A’raf:32)

This proves that not to get any indication towards a thing's impermissibility is enough as evidence for it to be permissible.

*jamshed* is offline کچھ یادیں ،کچھ باتیں
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8346 Thread(s)

Default Re: BID'AT kya Hai ? (What is BID'AT ?) - Must Read

Jazak Allah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    825 Thread(s)

Default Re: BID'AT kya Hai ? (What is BID'AT ?) - Must Read