Reaction from those involved in Saturday's FA Cup and Premier League action.

35952 - What They Said: Neville disappointed

Kicking off Saturday's programme, Everton hosted Sunderland at Goodison Park, where Phil Bardsley gave the visitors the lead before Tim Cahill's equaliser preceded a late double-save from Simon Mignolet to deny the Toffees victory.

Everton captain Phil Neville was unable to hide his frustration at the final whistle: "We had home advantage and we wanted to win. It was a great tie to play in. We didn't start the game well, but we came into it at the end. I'm disappointed we didn't play more a little bit. Maybe the occasion got to us a little bit early on and we didn't make the most of our chances."

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill felt the tie could have gone either way, but was quick to credit his players for their display. "I think we deserved to stay in the cup. It was a fantastic double save at the end (from Mignolet). It was a very difficult place for us to come, not only that but we're playing away in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup and from that viewpoint I thought we started off very well, we got a great goal. Of course the equaliser knocked us back a bit and I think after it could have gone either way."

Meanwhile in the Premier League, Wigan manager Roberto Martinez saw his side squander a host of chances as they were held by West Brom at the DW Stadium: "It is a real feeling of frustration. Scoring the first goal is always the hardest moment in the game - and we got that. Then we got heavily punished. But, if we perform like we did today, we will get enough points. I have no doubt about that."

Martinez's counterpart Roy Hodgson admitted that Wigan did look the likelier to go on and win the game with the score at 1-1: "Wigan played very well. It was a very important game for them to win. I've got to be very satisfied with the point and sympathise with Wigan because, if any team was going to win this game, they would be the ones who deserved to. But the team I work with also deserve credit for their resilience, determination, character and desire to get something out of this game, despite the fact we're in a much more comfortable position in the league and could've been expected maybe on a day like today to crumble and succumb to the pressure. But we never did."

Brendan Rodgers was gushing after seeing his Swansea side demolish Fulham 3-0 at Craven Cottage: It's a very tough league with some wonderful teams but today we were incredible. I felt it was our biggest game because last week we played well and won against a great team, but then comes a game raiser and we were phenomenal. The passing and tempo was fantastic, but defensive play such as pressing and blocking was tremendous."

For Fulham boss Martin Jol it was a painful result as he saw his side slip to their first home defeat of 2012: "Our intentions were good but we couldn't do what we normally do and that gave them more belief and strength and they took the points. Whether they're playing Manchester United or Chelsea they [Swansea] always have a lot of possession. Today was an opportunity to get a home win and get to 39 points and try to get even more, maybe 50 points, but of course now we have to go to Manchester United and pick ourselves up and do better."