Mark Webber is confident he will win his first race of 2012 soon and is looking forward to returning to Europe to race "on some proper circuits".

14388 - First win of 2012 will come soon - Webber

Webber finished fourth for the fourth time in a row at last weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix, while his Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel won the race from pole position. Webber looked like the stronger of the two Red Bull drivers at the previous two rounds but finished 38s behind Vettel at Sakhir.

"I'm pleased that the Bahrain Grand Prix weekend is over and I'm looking forward to getting back to Europe and racing on some proper circuits," he told his website. "We have a lot of new bits coming through and on the evidence of these opening races we'll need them because it's very close out there. I look forward to joining the winner's rostrum soon.

"I've been frustratingly close to the podium on each occasion this year. But four fourth places is better than four fifth places! Overall, it's been a good opening segment of the season for me and Red Bull Racing are now leading the constructors' championship. But I'm looking forward to getting on a plane and going back to Europe."

There have been four different winners at the first four races and Webber said he is expecting the unpredictable results to continue throughout the season.

"The Lotuses were surprisingly quick [in Bahrain], although we've known all season that they have a tidy little car. And look at the pace of McLaren and Mercedes: Lewis [Hamilton] and Jenson [Button] had a difficult day today, while Nico [Rosberg] went from dominating in China to being less competitive here. The cars are really sensitive and I can see it continuing like this for the rest of the year."