Webber rejects Ferrari speculation
Mark Webber has denied reports in the Spanish media that he has signed a deal with Ferrari for 2013.
Webber is on a year-by-year rolling contract at Red Bull and has been linked to the seat in the past due to his good relationship with Fernando Alonso. But on Tuesday he said the reports were pure speculation and that he was not yet thinking about 2013.
"Sergio [Perez] was flavour of the month last week for the Ferrari drive; now it's me," he said. "I'm focusing 100% on this season and doing the best job for myself and Red Bull Racing. I'm not putting any energy into anything else.
"There's a whole season ahead of us before we need to think about the future. One day the talk is about Jenson [Button joining Ferrari], then it's Sergio, now it's me. I haven't signed anything.
"My focus is on this team; we've had a good start to the season, we're only four races down and the road is very, very, very long before we start talking about the future."
Webber said he was happy with his start to the season at Red Bull after finishing fourth at every race and sitting third in the drivers' championship ahead of the start of the European season.
"The grid is very close together. Sebastian [Vettel] had a weekend without problems in Bahrain and won but he didn't dominate, and that's the same for everyone. No one will be dominant in the first half of the season, so to be third at the start of the European season is not bad."