1. Dry roasted salted Peanuts shelled halves: 2 Cups
2. Jaggery: 1 Cup
3. Water: 2 Tablespoons
4. Ghee: 1 teaspoon
1. Combine Jaggery and water in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Bring it a boil. The experience Halwaii knows from the bubbles on the bottom, when the syrup is ready. Instead we will use a candy thermometer. Heat to 260°F.
2. Combine roasted nuts and Ghee. Heat it to 290°F.
3. Line a baking sheet pan with a parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper with Ghee or Butter.
4. Pour mixture on to the sheet pan. Use the wooden spoon and flatten it out to about ¼” thick slab. You want it done while the mixture is hot.
5. Let it cool completely before breaking in to pieces.