Jenson Button has admitted he needs to look within himself to solve the problems he faced during Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix.

14652 - 'We weren't quite quick enough today' - Button

Button qualified tenth and finished ninth at the Circuit de Catalunya this weekend after a difficult race in which he spent much of his time holding off Kamui Kobayashi's Sauber. He admitted on Saturday evening that he was struggling with the setup of his car - suffering from understeer and a lack of traction - and the problems persisted on Sunday.

"The Formula One form-book is very mixed-up at the moment, which is unusual, but that's the way it appears to be going this season," Button said. "As for us, well, a lot of my afternoon was spent stuck in traffic, and I had a Sauber breathing down my neck for most of the race. All in all, we weren't quite quick enough today - but that's something I need to solve myself. I need to find a set-up that suits me better as I feel like I have pretty poor grip at the moment."

He said he was looking forward to a better result in Monaco.

"Having said that, I'm already looking forward to Monaco and a much better weekend there. It's a circuit I love and hopefully a place where we can achieve a good result."