Thread: Di Matteo hopeful on Luiz and Cahill

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6079 Thread(s)

Default Di Matteo hopeful on Luiz and Cahill

Roberto Di Matteo has called up two teenagers who have never played for Chelsea's senior side as defensive cover for Saturday's Champions League final against Bayern Munich.

381372 - Di Matteo hopeful on Luiz and Cahill

Todd Kane, 18 and Nathaniel Chalobah, 17, have travelled to Munich because of injury concerns over defenders Gary Cahill and David Luiz.

Suspension to defenders John Terry and Branislav Ivanovic as well as Raul Meireles and Ramires has left Di Matteo waiting anxiously on the fitness of Cahill and Luiz, who returned to training this week following hamstring injuries.

While Di Matteo is confident the duo will be fit to start at the Allianz Arena, he will wait until the eleventh hour to confirm his starting XI, with Florent Malouda also struggling with a hamstring problem.

"Cahill and Luiz trained all week, so we are very hopeful, and Malouda will join the group today," Di Matteo said. "And we have called up two players from the 'B-list' - Kane and Chalobah, just in case.

"But I will wait for the final session in the Allianz Arena to assess all my players and I will make the final decisions about the team selection."
    mera libas hai tu zps3e44c641 - Di Matteo hopeful on Luiz and Cahill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    318 Thread(s)

Default Re: Di Matteo hopeful on Luiz and Cahill

nice sharing
    iwotpk - Di Matteo hopeful on Luiz and Cahill