Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has said he has been given no indication that there will be a protest against the Red Bull's floor design following the Monaco Grand Prix.

14738 - Ferrari not planning to protest Red Bull floor

On Sunday morning rumours started to emerge in the paddock that some of the teams considered that holes in the RB8's floor ahead of the rear tyres could be illegal. Red Bull's Mark Webber went on to win the race from pole position.

After the race there were suggestions in the paddock that one of Red Bull's rivals might protest, but nothing has yet been made official. Speaking in a post-race debrief, Domenicali said he was not aware of plans for a protest to be lodged.

"I've heard about that in terms of discussion about these kinds of things and for sure we want clarification on this point. That's all I can say at the moment. At the moment I have no indication that things are going in that direction."

Asked why the issue had not been looked at and resolved earlier if there were doubts about the Red Bull, Domenicali added: "It's part of the game, it's part of the complexity of the rules, it's part of the process that is in place with the Federation [FIA], that's the only thing I can say. It's not easy to have so many things that have to be considered. I wasn't called about this discussion, but there's no more than that at the moment. I think that we'll have a discussion for the future about different details, but this is part of the game."

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said he did not think it would be very sporting for one of its rivals to protest the floor after the race.

"I'd be disappointed if there were to be a protest, especially after a race," he said. "It wouldn't be particularly sporting. But we're totally happy that our car fully complies with the regulations and we've obviously consulted with the FIA over it. We've had their opinion in writing confirming our interpretation so it would be disappointing if there was a protest, but we're entirely happy that the car fully complies."