Thread: Andy Murray: I need perfect performance

Ithay Uthay
    34 Post(s)
    6055 Thread(s)
    Default Andy Murray: I need perfect performance

Andy Murray has set the bar high for himself ahead of the Wimbledon final against Roger Federer on Sunday, insisting he needs to be faultless.

39741 - Andy Murray: I need perfect performance

Murray has a winning record against Federer from their 15 meetings - although both times they have met at a grand slam, the Swiss player has won, including in the 2010 Australian Open final.

And the Scot is adamant he has learned from those defeats as he bids to win his first grand slam in front of an expectant crowd.

"My coaches will watch his matches this week and some stuff from when I have played him before," Murray said. "I try not to watch before I play against him. I've seen some of his matches this week.

"I've learned from those matches that I lost against him in the past. But if you go too much into detail of things that happened in the past, it's not always beneficial, because in tennis every day is different. So I just need to try to make sure I play a perfect match on Sunday."

Federer has not lifted a grand slam trophy since winning that Australian Open title two years ago - but Murray does not feel the former world No. 1 is on the wane.

"Over the last couple of years his record in the slams has been unbelievable," Murray said. "The matches that he lost here, he was up two sets to love against [Jo-Wilfried] Tsonga last year.

"He's lost some close matches in the slams the last few years, but he had match points against Novak at the US Open two years in a row.

"If you look at the way he played [against Djokovic in the Wimbledon semi-final], you can't say he's past it or because he's 30 he's playing worse tennis. I just think the players around him have got better."
    mera libas hai tu zps3e44c641 - Andy Murray: I need perfect performance

Apne E Ap mein,,,
    12 Post(s)
    3228 Thread(s)
    Default Re: Andy Murray: I need perfect performance

han g roger federer hai agay