Jenson Button is confident wins at Spa-Francorchamps and Monza are possible over the next two weeks after he showed a significant improvement in form ahead of the summer break.

15531 - Button eyes wins at Spa and Monza

Button struggled for pace midway through the first half of the season as he failed to find a set-up to match the demands of McLaren's upgrades and the Pirelli tyres. However, he is confident he now has a car capable of scoring his best results yet in Belgium and Italy.

"You couldn't really ask for a more spectacular double-header for F1's return: Spa is the daddy of them all, one of the all-time great grand prix tracks, and Monza is one of the most historic and evocative circuits on the calendar," he said. "They're each places with their own unique atmosphere. I've got some really great memories of both circuits, but I've won neither. Given our pace in the last few races, I go forward feeling positive about rectifying that over the coming weekends."

Button filled the summer break with a combination of training and holidaying, but is now eager to return to racing.

"The past few weeks have been a perfect combination of a bit of downtime to relax and some great training, all of which has had me raring to get back in the car. I've been out in the Philippines; and Hawaii, training, and having a bit of a holiday and then back in the UK for a bit more of the same and while I've had a great break, I'm really looking forward to getting back to work.