IRCTC stands for Indian Railway Catering And Tourism Corporation Ltd. and this little mobile application called IRCTCmobile provides the solution to all your Indian railway ticketing needs. With IRCTCmobile you can see the train schedules, view their arrival and departure timings, check for the availability of seats and whats good is that you can also book tickets from IRCTCmobile using your credit card or cash card. IRCTCmobile requires java enabled phone with gprs connectivity and the tickets you book through IRCTCmobile will be delivered by post to the address you specify.
Features of IRCTCmobile:
1. IRCTCmobile has a very simple registration process which can be easily done by following the instructions on the user interface.
2. Now you don’t need to stand in those long queues waiting for your turn to come. Just book the tickets on the go with IRCTCmobile.
3. It also provides a secure means of money transfer as you don’t have to send any cash; all the payments are done through your credit cards or your cash card.
4. IRCTCmobile service people also ensure that you get your tickets at the address you specify during booking the tickets. But what you need to ensure is that you book the tickets atleast 3 working days before.
5. IRCTCmobile is also not very difficult to understand infact it is one of the easiest applications around.
IRCTCmobile is available as a free download but the only this you require is that your phone must have java support and gprs enabled. This attempt by our railway minister Lalu Prasad Yadav is certainly a huge step in catering to the needs of passengers keeping in mind the increasing use of technology.
all java and gprs enabled phones.