Have you checked your Hemoglobin ?
Hemoglobin is very important as it carries oxygen all around the body from the lungs. Men need between 14 and 18 gm/dL and women need 12 to 16 gm/dL and the requirement decreases with increasing age.
CAUSES for Low HB
1. Blood loss as in Menstrual bleeding
3. Certain Diseases and Deficiencies
If you feel tired with shortness of breath, pale skin and low energy levels then it is time to hit the lab!
A DIET that Cures:
1. Have iron and Vitamin B rich foods: lentils, peas, green vegetables like broccoli, spinach, zuccini, egg yolk, tofu etc.
2. Have beetroot soup daily.
3. Ask for a multivitamin.
4. Soak raisins in water overnight and have in the morning. Have dried fruits like dates and figs.
5. A herbal remedy to this is Female Ginseng (DONG QUAI).
Since vitamin c is important in iron absorption, take vitamin c fruits like citrus fruits,gooseberry etc along!
Spinach is a great choice for vegetarians to increase their hemoglobin level !