Thread: Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka Crashed out of Pan Pacific

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11596 Thread(s)

Default Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka Crashed out of Pan Pacific

Victoria Azarenka 2012 2834781 - Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka Crashed out of Pan Pacific
    Victoria Azarenka and Maria Sharapova exited the Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo in differing manners on Thursday.
    Sharapova crashed 6-4 7-6 to Sam Stosur of Australia in the quarter-finals and top seed Azarenka was unable to start her match with Angelique Kerber citing chronic fatigue.
    Azarenka was struggling with her health coming into the tournament and she was barely able to complete her third round win over Roberta Vinci on Wednesday when she had to have her blood pressure checked.
    "I had low energy and I wasn't myself. It wasn't possible today. Maybe it was tiredness from the whole season. It's a little bit unknown what it is," she said.
    Stosur had only won one of her previous 11 meetings with second seeded Sharapova, but she edged a tense match to set up a semi-final encounter with Nadia Petrova She wasted a number of chances in the second set tie-break but eventually progressed on her fifth match point.
    "When you don't take a few in a row you don't know what's going to happen," said Stosur, last year's US Open champion. "But I just kept trying to go for it and thankfully it paid off."
    Last edited by Unsaid words; 28-09-2012 at 02:32 AM.
    Teri ankhon uworiginal - Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka Crashed out of Pan Pacific

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9180 Thread(s)

Default Re: Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka Crashed out of Pan Paci

its part of game