Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Number Portability (MNP) Banned by Rehman Malik

Mentioned
    1031 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

asking Mobile Number Portability (MNP) Banned by Rehman Malik

MobileNumberPortability28MNP29BannedbyRehmanMalik - Mobile Number Portability (MNP) Banned by Rehman Malik

The government barring cell phone subscribers from switching over to other networks while retaining the number issued by the first service provider, has prohibited (banned) mobile number portability (MNP).

The reason behind the ban of MNP is the meeting discussing the law and order situation, mainly in Sindh and Balochistan, and security arrangements for Muharram, took the decision by Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Thursday, reported Dawn.

Top police officers and home secretaries from the provinces, representatives of intelligence agencies and senior officials of the interior ministry attended the meeting.

According to an official, the MNP facility was creating problems in tracking down criminals’ whereabouts.

An official of a cellular company said he was unaware of the reason behind any such decision. “We can only say something after receiving an official communication. I wonder if it is a temporary arrangement or a complete ban.”

Other important decisions taken at the meeting included a new procedure for issuing subscriber identity module (SIM) for mobile phones. A SIM will now be issued only on production of a computerised national identity card and utility bills.

Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10829 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mobile Number Portability (MNP) Banned by Rehman Malik

koi nahi apna to yeh rola hi nahi MNP wala

eq2hdk - Mobile Number Portability (MNP) Banned by Rehman Malik

Mentioned
    1031 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

han par is ki security k sath kia tuk banti hai bhala samaj nahi ae

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11596 Thread(s)

hmmm koool
    Teri ankhon uworiginal - Mobile Number Portability (MNP) Banned by Rehman Malik

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1578 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sheem View Post
    han par is ki security k sath kia tuk banti hai bhala samaj nahi ae
    Without even consent of changing the network of person does not make sense like earlier when this MNP thingy was new, I use to got message that do this "blah blah" etc and send this message to that and you will get free balance while it was actually message to change network which is annoying for any sane person.
    This is how many cellular companies increased their userbase by making the people fool out of this functionality and also played dirty with poor people.
    From whom I received that message, I literally abused that person in message.
    This is how poor educated our country people are.
    So security concern is that companies does not convey user update completely to other company or give old info (like in call center, the operator always know which mobile we are using and whether it has GPRS functionality (means either it can avail internet or not) etc and then conveying info that it has not that mobile while telling about user old mobile etc) So in this sense it can be security threat.

Mentioned
    1031 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ammy_769 View Post
    Without even consent of changing the network of person does not make sense like earlier when this MNP thingy was new, I use to got message that do this "blah blah" etc and send this message to that and you will get free balance while it was actually message to change network which is annoying for any sane person.
    This is how many cellular companies increased their userbase by making the people fool out of this functionality and also played dirty with poor people.
    From whom I received that message, I literally abused that person in message.
    This is how poor educated our country people are.
    So security concern is that companies does not convey user update completely to other company or give old info (like in call center, the operator always know which mobile we are using and whether it has GPRS functionality (means either it can avail internet or not) etc and then conveying info that it has not that mobile while telling about user old mobile etc) So in this sense it can be security threat.
    aik tu lalchi khud bane or ilzam mobile companies ko de rhe :hah
    waise jitni technology Telecom sector ki Pak k pas hai utni kisi k pas nahi .. par idar chalane wale dangar bethe hain utilization hi nahi hai pata nahi kia banega

aise aik aik chez khtm hoti rahi tu companies ne bhag jana hai

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1578 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sheem View Post

aik tu lalchi khud bane or ilzam mobile companies ko de rhe :hah
    waise jitni technology Telecom sector ki Pak k pas hai utni kisi k pas nahi .. par idar chalane wale dangar bethe hain utilization hi nahi hai pata nahi kia banega

aise aik aik chez khtm hoti rahi tu companies ne bhag jana hai
    I never changed my network, one SIM and one number since 4 years so you can't see my greedy...

I don't admit that we have technologies in Pakistan which are in US as equal level. What we do is wrong usage of technological benefits like SMS..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3230 Thread(s)

hmm i don't know what would be the basic logic for that, if the number remains same and network is different.. what is the problem in detection of the criminals?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6815 Thread(s)

hmmmmm
    Last edited by Raniii; 16-11-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    tumblr na75iuW2tl1rkm3u0o1 500 - Mobile Number Portability (MNP) Banned by Rehman Malik

Hum kya hain

Hmari Muhabatayn kya hain
    kya chahtay hain
    kya patay hain..

-Umera Ahmad (Peer-e-Kamil)

Mentioned
    1031 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9706 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ammy_769 View Post
    I never changed my network, one SIM and one number since 4 years so you can't see my greedy...

I don't admit that we have technologies in Pakistan which are in US as equal level. What we do is wrong usage of technological benefits like SMS..
    fir banda us free balance wale ka reply na kare na aab jaise log honge waise hi tactics istimal karta insan

aur waise yeh sach hai k Telecom mai hum sub se agey hain .. parh lena google karke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast