Thread: 26 Rabi-ul-Awwal Urs Hazrat Bu Ali Shah Qalandar ‎رحمتہ اللہ علیہ

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1284 Thread(s)

Default 26 Rabi-ul-Awwal Urs Hazrat Bu Ali Shah Qalandar ‎رحمتہ اللہ علیہ

Hazrat Bu-Ali Shah Qalandar ‎(رحمتہ اللہ علیہ)

Name: Sheikh Sharafuddeen
    Titles: Bu-Ali Shah Qalandar
    Silsila: Qalanderi
    Date of Birth: 1209 CE
    Date of Wisaal: 1324 CE
    Date of Urs: 26th Rabi-ul-Awwal
    Resting at: Panipat Shareef, Haryana, India.

His name was Sheikh Sharfuddin and Boo Ali Shah the title. His father, Sheikh Fakharuddin رحمتہ اللہ علیہ was a great scholar and saint of his time. The mother, Bibi Hafiza Jamal, was the daughter of Maulana Syed Nematullah Hamdani. His father came from Iraq in the year 600 Hijri and settled down in Panipat. His lineage with several links reaches to Hazrat Imam Abu Hanifa رحمتہ اللہ علیہ. He was born in Panipat in 606 Hijri.

Studies: He completed his studies at an early age and taught near the Qutub Minar in Delhi for 20 years. He was counted among renowned scholars, and the top ranking teachers regarded him with great respect.

Absorbed in Wonder: Once during the studies he was lost in absorption and wonder. He got up and threw all the books into the river and trudged into the forest and busied in prayers and meditation there.

Prayer and Meditation: He undertook severe penance and meditation, stood in a state of absorption for several days in water till the fish ate away flesh form his calves. One day he was engaged in meditation, a voice he heard. It said, "Sharfuddin, we granted you your prayer, say, what do you want?" He said, "I need none save you. I will give away my life in love while standing at this place." The voice again descended, "Get out of the water, you have to do much more." He replied,

"I will not emerge myself from the river of love. If you want it, then do it." Saying this he was lost again. He witnessed, in the state, that a saint appeared and lifted him out of the river and placed him on the bank.

Several chroniclers opine that the saint was Hazrat Ali RadiAllahu Anhu, himself. He taught him some divine secrets and disappeared. From that day he was regularly lost in spiritual wonderment. His heart was filled with heavenly light. From that day he is called 'Boo Ali Shah'.

One legend says after the ibadah (act of obedience and submission) of 36 years standing in the water in Karnal he was awarded the status of "Bu Ali" (Fragrance of Ali) by Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam. After achieving this Rutba (rank) he was visited by many other Sufi saints. An alternative legend to explain his name says that Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam appeared to him in a dream and offered him a wish. The Qalandar asked for prophethood and was told that all positions has been filled and Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam was the last one. He asked to be Ali Radi Allahu Anhu and was told that position was also filled. He then asked for at least the fragrance of Ali Radi Allahu Anhu and that wish was granted. A scholarly view of his name is that Bu Ali is simply another form of Kuniyyat Abu Ali.

Still some chroniclers say that he did not pledge obedience to a holy man but was admitted directly into the fold by Hazrat Ali RadiAllahu Anhu. Some link him to Mahboob-e Elahi رحمتہ اللہ علیہ, whereas others bind him to Hazrat Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar Ka'aki رحمتہ اللہ علیہ. and Sheikh Shahabuuddin Suharwardi رحمتہ اللہ علیہ.

His stay in Panipat: He lived in Panipat till his death, and served the people from there. Hundreds drew spiritual or divine benefits from him. Besides, he undertook regular teaching and propagation of Islam. Hundreds embraced Islam because of him. The Rajputs, who lived around, were the great beneficiaries. He left a deep impact on the royal dynasty of Dehli Sultanet, and preached them of good conduct.

Revelation and Mysteries: One day a disciple of Shamsuddin Turk رحمتہ اللہ علیہ went to the city on an errand and saw Boo Ali Shah riding a lion and re-told the episode to his teacher. Shamsuddin Turk رحمتہ اللہ علیہ said to his disciple, "Go to the residence of Boo Ali Shah, and if you see him riding the lion, tell him: "The lion should live in the jungle." The disciple obeyed, found Hazrat Boo Ali Shah رحمتہ اللہ علیہ in the condition and conveyed his teacher's message. He rose from his place immediately and went to Ghote.

Death: It is mentioned in 'Sair-Ul-Akhtab' that he died on 17, Ramzanul Mubarak 724 Hijri, at Budha Khera, but lay to rest in Panipat instead.

He رحمتہ اللہ علیہ wrote the famous couplet in Farsi about Hazrat Ali RadiAllahu Anhu:

Hayderium,Qalandrum, Mustam

Banda-e-Murtuza Ali Hastum

Peshwa-e-Tamaam Rindan Num

Kay Sagae kuo-e-Sher-e-Yazdan Num

Translation:

I am Haideri (a follower of Haider, aka Ali ibn Abi Talib), I am a Qalandar and I am intoxicated (with inspiration).

I am a servant of Ali Murtaza (aka Ali ibn Abi Talib)

I am leader of all saints

Because I am a dog of the lane of "Allah's Lion" (referring to Maula Ali Murtaza)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9180 Thread(s)

Default Re: 26 Rabi-ul-Awwal Urs Hazrat Bu Ali Shah Qalandar ‎رحمتہ اللہ

Jazaka Allah Khair

Jinzhou, Liaoning, China, Madinah Saudi Arabia
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7842 Thread(s)

Default Re: 26 Rabi-ul-Awwal Urs Hazrat Bu Ali Shah Qalandar ‎رحمتہ اللہ