If you are a frequent traveler and quite often want to know where you are exactly and the detailed information about the area, then LocViewer is an application made just for you. What LocViewer actually does is that it shows that section of the whole map you are currently in by processing the information available over the internet. You can also zoom in or out as per your wish and see the area details better in a zoomed mode.
The key features of LocViewer are:
1. LocViewer is available as a free download which you can download the link provided below.
2. The only pre requisite is that you need to have a gprs connection before using LocViewer.
3. To minimize the bandwidth usage LocViewer stores the map in the phone memory so that it does not have to download the map again and again and just have to update the parameters.
4. It updates the locations by taking the information from the network service provider and it can also update the location if your phone has an integrated GPS.
5. One more thing you need to have before using LocViewer is an ESRI Global Account.
After you have created your free ESRI™ Global Account, the next thing you need to keep in mind is that you also need to have a Arc Web Services™–Public Services account which is also free and you can register for it after you have made your ESRI™ Global Account
any phone which supports CLDC 1.1, MIDP 2.0, Bluetooth or serial interface (data cable)