Pakistan rejects involvement in 1993 Mumbai blasts
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Thursday categorically rejected any insinuations pointing to the involvement of the government of Pakistan or any of its agencies in the incident of 1993 Mumbai attack.
Foreign Office Spokesman Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry while responding to reports carried in some sections of the Indian media regarding the judgment of the Indian Supreme Court implicating Pakistani government agencies in the 1993 Mumbai terror incident, rejected any insinuations pointing to the involvement of the government of Pakistan or any of its agencies in any such activity.
The Spokesperson said that a detailed response could only be given once the judgment had been studied in its totality.
He however said Pakistan is itself a victim of terrorism and had rendered immense sacrifices in the international fight against this menace.
The spokesman said Pakistan has on numerous occasions offered cooperation to India in fighting terrorism through laid down bilateral mechanisms.
He said, “Pakistan remains committed in its resolve to fighting terrorism and engaging with India in a constructive, sustained and result-oriented dialogue process.” (APP)