Thread: 22 Jumadil Akhir -+Youme+Hazrat Siddiq Al-Akbar Radi Allahu Anhu

Is Duniya me
    15 Post(s)
    1284 Thread(s)
    snow 22 Jumadil Akhir -+Youme+Hazrat Siddiq Al-Akbar Radi Allahu Anhu

22 Jumadil Akhir -+Youme+Sayyiduna Abu Bakr Siddique (radi Allahu anhu)+

yaum - 22 Jumadil Akhir -+Youme+Hazrat Siddiq Al-Akbar Radi Allahu Anhu

Blessed Life of Sayyiduna Abu Bakr Siddique Radi Allahu Anhu

Sayyiduna Abu Bakr's (radi Allahu anhu) real name was Abdullah, His Kunniyah [patronymic appellation] is ‘Abu Bakr’ and his titles are Siddiq’ (‘One who speaks the truth.’) and ‘‘Atiq.’ (‘freed.’ The Holy Prophet sallal laahu alaihi wasallam conveyed glad tidings to him saying: “You are freed from the fire of hell.” His father, 'Uthman, was known as Abu Quhafah and his mother, Salma, was known as Ummul Khair. He is ‘Quraishi’, and seven generations above, his genealogical tree joins with the genealogical tree of the Beloved and Blessed Prophet sallal laahu alaihi wasallam. He was born in Makkah. He was two and a half years younger than Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). He possesses noble virtues and excellences to such a great extent that, leaving the Prophets Alaihi Salam, he is the greatest and most highly ranked of all mankind. Amongst all the free men, he was the first to embrace Islam.

He accompanied Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) during the Hijrah to Madinatul Munawwarah. Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) was a merchant. He freed many slaves, including Sayyiduna Bilal (radi Allahu anhu) and Sayyiduna Umayyah bin Qahaf (radi Allahu anhu). He participated in all the battles in which Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) had to fight the Kuffar.

Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) loved his faith more than anything else. At the Battle of Badr, his son, Sayyiduna Abdur Rahman (radi Allahu anhu), was fighting on the side of the Kuffar. After accepting Islam, Sayyiduna Abdur Rahman (radi Allahu anhu) said to his father, "O Father, at Badr, you were twice under my sword, but my love for you held my hand back." To this, Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) replied, "Son, if I had you only once under my sword, you would have been no more." He was so uncompromising in his faith.

At the time of the Battle of Tabuk, he donated all his wealth to the war effort, and when Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) asked him, "What have you left for your family,?" he replied, "Allah and His Rasool (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)."

He is the first Caliph, the leader of the believers. After his election as the Caliph, Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) addressed the Muslims with these words: "O People! I have been chosen by you as your leader, although I am no better than any of you. If I do any wrong, set me right. Listen, truth is honesty and untruth is dishonesty. The weak among you are the powerful in my eyes, as long as I do not give them their dues. The powerful among you are weak in my eyes, as long as I do not take away from them what is due to others.

"Listen carefully, if people give up striving for the Cause of Almighty Allah, He will send down disgrace upon them. If people become evil-doers, Almighty Allah will send down calamities upon them.

"Obey me as long as I obey Allah and His Rasul (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). If I disobey Allah and His Rasul (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), you are free to disobey me."

Such was the first Caliph of Islam. Indeed, the world would be a better place to live in, if we had leaders like Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu).Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) now sent Sayyiduna Usamah (radi Allahu anhu) on the expedition to Syria to fight the Romans, even though he had to attend to all the internal problems of the Islamic State.

He lived a very simple, pious and upright life. He was a true servant of Almighty Allah and a meticulous follower of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). He wore ordinary clothes and his meals were very simple. He attended to house-hold work and would go out at night and seek the poor and destitute. Humility and modesty were the keynotes of his character. He felt embarrassed when people showered praises on him or showed him immense respect. He often fasted during the day and spent the whole night in Salaah and meditation. He was a great orator and a master of genealogy (one who can trace a person's family line). In personal life, he was a Saint. He used all his powers to promote the interest of Islam and the good of people.

Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (radi Allahu anhu) was a very pious man from the very beginning.
    He was a rich merchant and even before Islam, he was famous for his honesty, justice and trustworthiness. The Quraish considered him a respected man.
    He had the most important duties in Makkah as no blood-money could be accepted without his approval. The blood-money itself used to be kept by him.
    He also used to hate liquor as much as he hated it after accepting Islam. He believed it degrades the dignity of a man.

The Cave Saur Incident

A famous story of Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (radi Allahu anhu) is the one of about Cave Saur (or Ghaar-e-Saur).
    The night Rasulallah+(sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)+planned to migrate to Madinah, the leaders of Makkah set out to look for him. He informed Hazrat Abu Bakr that they would leave for Madinah that night, and so they set out on their journey. Aware of the fact that the Kufar were on a hunt for him, Rasulallah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) decided to take an alternative route.

On the way, he and his blessed companion Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (radi Allahu anhu) decided to take shelter in a cave called Cave Saur. Here they hid for 3 days.

Hazrat Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu)+said, as narrated by Umar ibn Khattab, "I swear by Allah that you (the Prophet) will not enter the cave before I have done so, for if there is anything in it, I shall be attacked by it, and not you."
    Then he entered the cave and swept it and found some holes in the side of it. He tore up a piece of his garment and plugged the holes with it. As there were still two remaining holes left, he thrust his feet into them and told the Messenger of Allah to enter the cave. When he had done so Rasulallah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)+laid his head on Hazrat Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu)+'s lap and went to sleep.

There was a snake in the cave which bit the foot of Hazrat Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) but may we be sacrificed for that embodiment of love and devotion! – he remained completely motionless and silent despite the intense pain and agony only for the reason that he did not want to cause any disturbance in the rest of Mustafa, the Essence of Mercy (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)

However, due to the intense level of pain, tears began to flow unintentionally from his blessed eyes. When some tears of love fell onto the compassionate face of the Beloved and Blessed Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), He (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) awoke and asked,
    ‘O Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu), Why are you crying?’ Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) told him about all the incident of the snake. The Beloved Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) then rubbed his blessed saliva on the part of the foot that had been bitten and the wound healed up immediately.’ The effect of the poison returned later on in his life, and was said to be the cause of his death.

Hazrat Abu Bakr's (radi Allahu anhu) slave, Amir bin Fuhairah, tended the flocks of goats near the cave during the day and supplied them fresh milk in the night. On the final day, the Kufar reached the cave that Rasulallah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) and Hazrat Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) were in.

Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (radi Allahu anhu) was full of worry for the safety of Rasulallah+(sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), and the worry worsened when the Kufar were face to face with the two friends in the cave. But Allah azwajal works in wonderful ways; a spider had spun a web across the mouth of the cave which not only helped conceal what was inside the cave, but also decieved the Kufar. They thought the web was old and came to the conclusion that noone had entered the cave in a long time.

Thus, the Kufar ended their search and Rasulallah+(sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)+and his blessed companion proceeded on their journey to Madinah.+

Construction of the Holy Prophet's Mosque

There was an urgent need for the construction of a mosque in Madinah, and a house for Rasulallah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)and his family.

The land which was selected for this belonged to two orphans. Their guardians wanted to give the land for the mosque free of charge but Rasulallah+(sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)+did not accept their offer and asked Hazrat Abu Bakr to pay the price for the land.

Thus, Hazrat Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) became the first Muslim to spend most of his money for the cause of Allahin Madinah. He then participated in the construction of the mosque with the other Muslims.

Resemblance of the Final Journey to the Hereafter

Hakim-ul-Ummah, Hadrat Mufti Amad Yar Khan Na’imi rehmatullah alaih has stated, ‘The cause of the apparent demise of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) was the recurrence of the effect of poison. Similarly, the passing of Sayyiduna Abu Bakr Siddiq (radi Allahu anhu) was due to the recurrence of the effect of the poison of the snake which bit him in the cave of Saur on the night of Hijrah [migration]. Sayyiduna Siddiq Al-Akbar (radi Allahu anhu) was blessed with such a high status of Fana-fir-Rasul [submerging into the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) that even his demise is similar to the demise of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam).

The apparent passing of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) was on a Monday and Siddiq Al-Akbar (radi Allahu anhu) left this world on a Monday night after passing the day of Monday. On the day of the apparent passing of Holy Prophet’s (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) there was no oil in the house to lit the lamp, and at the time that Sayyiduna Abu Bakr’s (radi Allahu anhu) left this world, there was not even enough money in the house to buy a shroud [cloth used to wrap the body for burial.] This is Fana [submerging into one’s personage].’

Hazrat Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu)’s Passing+

Hazrat Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) passed away on 22 Jumadil Akhir, in the 13th year after Hijrah (migration to Madinah) on the blessed day of Monday, after a splendid reign of caliphate which lasted two years and seven months. Before, his departure to the Afterworld, he told his daughter Hazrat Aisha that he wished to shrouded in his used clothes as done by Rasulallah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), and some new pieces be added to his shroud.

He also requested that when his funeral became ready for burial, he was to be taken to the shrine of Rasulallah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) and permission for entering the Shrine of Rasulallah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) be sought. If the door of the shrine opens on its own, he may be buried there.

When the mourners took his funeral to the door of Rasulallah+(sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)'s shrine, they said: "Ya Rasulallah! (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) Your companion Abu Bakr seeks permission to enter." And true to Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique's words, the door of Rasulallah's (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) shrine opened on its own. Then Hazrat Abu Bakr++was laid to rest besides his beloved, Rasulallah+(sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) The Leader of the Believers, Sayyiduna ‘Umar (radi Allahu anhu) led the funeral prayer.

Wives and children

His first wife was Qatilah bint 'Abdul 'Aziz who gave birth to his children by the names of Abdullah and Asma+Radiallahu anhum .
    His second wife, Umm-i-Ruman gave birth to Hazrat Aisha+(radi Allahu anha), the most beloved wife of Rasulallah+(sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), and Abdur Rahman (radi Allahu anhu).

Besides these two he also married Hazrat Asma+(radi Allahu anha)+and Hazrat Habibah (radi Allahu anha)

Daughters -
    (i) Ummul-Mu'mineen Hazrat Aisha+(radi Allahu anha)+
    (ii) Hazrat Asma (radi Allahu anha)+
    (iii) Hazrat Umme Kulthum (radi Allahu anha)+, born to Habibah (radi Allahu anha) after his death.+

Sons -
    (i) Hazrat Abdullah, (radi Allahu anhu)
    (ii) Hazrat Abdur Rahman( radi Allahu anhu)
    (iii) Hazrat Muhammad. (radi Allahu anhu)

Rasulallah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) 's praise about Hazrat Siddiq-e-Akbar (radi Allahu anhu)

- "Abu Bakr's (radi Allahu anhu) name shall be called out from all the gates of Paradise and he will be the first person of my Ummah to enter it."

- "Allah azwajal will show His glory to the people in a general way, but He will show it to Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) in a special way."

- "Never has the sun risen or set on a person, other than a prophet, greater than Abu Bakr."(radi Allahu anhu)

- "Never was anything revealed to me that I did not pour into the heart of Abu Bakr."(radi Allahu anhu)

- "There is no one to whom I am obligated and have not repaid my debt except Abu Bakr,(radi Allahu anhu) for I owe him much for which Allah will compensate him on the Day of Judgement."

- "If I were to take an intimate friend (khalil) other than my Lord, I would have chosen Abu Bakr."(radi Allahu anhu)

- "Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu)does not precede you because of much prayer or fasting, but because of a secret that is in his heart." +

Mystic falls
    318 Post(s)
    10810 Thread(s)
    Default Re: 22 Jumadil Akhir -+Youme+Hazrat Siddiq Al-Akbar Radi Allahu A

Jazak ALLAH khair

Behti Zameen
    4 Post(s)
    4937 Thread(s)

beautiful Sharing

k, s, a
    210 Post(s)
    10263 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing
    Last edited by attiaahsan; 04-05-2013 at 12:36 AM.