1. First, preheat the oven to 430 F (220 C).
2. Next, peel, wash, and dry the potatoes.
3. Then, using a sharp knife, slice a 1/4-inch piece off the potato lengthwise in order to create a stable base for you to work with.
4. Lay the potato flat on its cut side.
5. Slice it into even planks.
6. Then cut each plank into even wedges.
7. Repeat with each potato.
8. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites lightly.
9. In a small bowl, combine the spices – chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, Italian seasoning, and salt.
10. Dip the cut potatoes in egg to coat.
11. Sprinkle the spices over the potatoes and toss well to coat.
12. Spray or brush a baking sheet with vegetable oil generously.
13. Then place the wedges on the baking sheet.
14. Bake in the preheated oven (430 F – 220 C) for about 40 minutes.
To make sure that your fries will keep their nice shape and will not break, move them around (using a spatula) every 5-7 minutes.
I also sprinkled my fries with a little bit of additional vegetable oil while they were baking
because they looked a little dry to me. You can do that, but you do not need to. It’s up to you.
And here they are in all their golden beauty.
I recommend tasting you fries and add more salt if necessary.
Enjoy, dear friends!